Source of 280 * 28 discs ?

Jon Olds

Downsizing my rally car fronts so i can run 15's. Has 305's and AP5100's now.

Anybody know a 280 or thereabouts by 28mm disc supplier? One or two piece?

I have turning, milling capability so mods can be done.

Or has anybody got some for sale?

Thanks,
Jon

Bought some 280*25 golf g60 ones to play with but am reluctant to put spacers behind the pads

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Downsizing my rally car fronts so i can run 15's. Has 305's and AP5100's now.

Anybody know a 280 or thereabouts by 28mm disc supplier? One or two piece?

I have turning, milling capability so mods can be done.

Or has anybody got some for sale?

Thanks,
Jon

Bought some 280*25 golf g60 ones to play with but am reluctant to put spacers behind the pads

Does AP not supply a 280mm disc?

Spacers won’t be a bad thing as long as they are not going to fall out and can take extreme temperatures.

I think you'll find Brembo are th only people that do an off the shell 280*28 rotor (for a 2 piece set up). Try P/N 09.5890.31/41 You can get all the drawings from their web site to check if your current bells fit.

AP and Alcon only do 25/26mm in 280mm.

Trondelond

BG Developments work for AP, they might also be able to get some. They were most helpful when I was in touch with them.

EVOBAD

i used to use the 280mm fiat coupe turbo discs they were made by brembo ,there 1piese cheap as well

fiat coupe discs are only 22mm thick though and you have to slot the holes. The fiat Ducato uses a 280 by 28 I think but its on a 5 stud hub.

I think the slecvtion of 285mm discs with 28mm is equally limited (Brembo and Tarox do them, again as a two piece). They don't tend to get that thick until you're around 300mm.