sounds like running on 3

T

tro||

geetee said:
Takes a very worn tensioner for a chain to jump a tooth.
the engine had had a rebuild probably 5000miles previoulsy :lol: nothing to do with wear, how does the tensioner wear ? its not in direct contact with the chain

it was just one of those freak things, he doesn't get on with timing chains, he snapped one on his tvr :lol: :lol: :lol:

P

pulsarboby

leak down is basically what i explained earlier! ie if ex valve is leaking you will get air coming through exhaust
if inlet is leaking air will flow back through throttle bodies (throttle open)
if h/g is leaking air will be transferred to another cylinder(if blowing between pots) or to water or oil ways if blowing between them.
cant remember for the life of me, what pressure you are meant to do this test at! but i believe its between 40-60psi

all you need to do test is obviously a compressor and hose and a threaded connector to go in plug hole, (i made one out of an old spark plug with the top of plug broke off and the electrode pulled out) and thats it!
just make sure you are at tdc on each cylinder (on firing stroke) as you test each one.
hope that helps matey:)

nismoboy

pulsarboby said:
leak down is basically what i explained earlier! ie if ex valve is leaking you will get air coming through exhaust
if inlet is leaking air will flow back through throttle bodies (throttle open)
if h/g is leaking air will be transferred to another cylinder(if blowing between pots) or to water or oil ways if blowing between them.
cant remember for the life of me, what pressure you are meant to do this test at! but i believe its between 40-60psi

all you need to do test is obviously a compressor and hose and a threaded connector to go in plug hole, (i made one out of an old spark plug with the top of plug broke off and the electrode pulled out) and thats it!
just make sure you are at tdc on each cylinder (on firing stroke) as you test each one.
hope that helps matey:)
Nice one thanks bobby i've got a compressor i'll give it a go tomorrow cheers

nismoboy

Hi done a full leak done test and is is fine. All i can see it being now is either an intercooler/inlet leak or an injector not spraying properly.

nismoboy

Anyone know if when using a map sensor at what point of the intercooler run is it metering the air? what i mean is like when u run blow through if an intercooler pipe comes off u can still drive fine, Is this the same when running a map sensor?

I need to know this as im thinking of making a test pipe to test the intercooler pipe work like steve pudney did awhile ago just want to know if it the same principle of when using a map sensor does the car run like crap the same as when using an afm? cheers nis.

T

tro||

nismoboy said:
Hi done a full leak done test and is is fine. All i can see it being now is either an intercooler/inlet leak or an injector not spraying properly.
or cam timing....... we never even considered it on my mates car, the chap that brought the engine ended up spending alot of money trying to solve it and thats all it turned out to be.

probably isn't in your case but its another thing off the list

nismoboy

tro|| said:
or cam timing....... we never even considered it on my mates car, the chap that brought the engine ended up spending alot of money trying to solve it and thats all it turned out to be.

probably isn't in your case but its another thing off the list

Yep checked that too and the cam chain is still tight. as u say troll its worth trying cheers nis.

Last edited:

nismoboy

ALL SORTED!!! it was a dirty injector, i took them all out and cleaned them and noticed one wasnt spaying as even as the others and once cleaned all sorted.

Thanks for the help cheers nis.