someone to set cam pulleys before engine goes in

1&onlygti-r

I have Hks 264 cams and hks vernier pulleys and i need someone who knows what there doing to come and set my verniers up before the engine goes in preferbly this week im in leicester thanks

1&onlygti-r

you dont say never thought of that, the engine is built complete its just easier to set them up while the engine is out so you can get to crank pulley for tdc

Keira

1&onlygti-r said:
I have Hks 264 cams and hks vernier pulleys and i need someone who knows what there doing to come and set my verniers up before the engine goes in preferbly this week im in leicester thanks
set them up to do what exactly ?

the engine needs to be running to see what gains you get by dialing in the pulleys

1&onlygti-r

hks have a optimum setting thought you could set them to that to get the best out of the cams

Last edited:

Keira

you could set them to the recomended setting if you have one but to get them dialed in 100% for your engine it will need doing on a dyno

1&onlygti-r

theese are the settings thought they would be correct didnt think it would matter what other modifications you have.

HKS Europe Ltd.
Units V1&V2 GROVEMERE COURT, BICTON INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
KIMBOLTON, HUNTINGTON, CAMBRIDGESHIRE, PE28 0EY, UK
PHONE (44)-01480-861997/FAX (44)-01480-861998
Sales - HKSEU2@aol.com
Performance / Competition Products
HKS CAMSHAFT
Type
Nissan Pulsar GTi-R (RNN14)
Engine
SR20DET(RNN14 model ONLY)
Parts Number
2202-EX001
2202-EX002
IN
EX
Duration
264°
264°
1mmLift Duration
222°
222°
Cam Lift Max (mm)
Valve Lift Max (mm)
Valve Clearance (mm)
(Cam to Rocker at Cold condition)
0.14~0.17
0.14~0.17
Open Valve Timing
BTDC22°
BBDC68°
Close Valve Timing
ABDC74°
ATDC28°
Valve Timing (Max Lift)
110°
116°
Over Lap
50°
Max rpm
7000rpm
Valve Spring
RNN14 STD

youngsyp

The whole point of adjustable cam pulleys/sprockets is so you can time each cam perfectly.
Slight timing changes cause by skimming the head, block or changing the head gasket can all be corrected with the adjustable sprockets.

Paul