Some smoke when lifting off and then accelerating

paz

Hi all,

After some advice please.

I was pushing the car pretty hard this weekend, and noticed that when I accelerate, then lift off, then accelerate again I get some smoke out of the exhaust.

Any ideas? I was thinking turbo oil seals but thought that was on just the lift off rather than like mine which happens when I accelerate again.

Cheers

Paz

This is what mine is doing mate, it's the turbo. On the overrun it seems to build up oil then when i accelerate i get lots of smoke out the back. Still goes ok though, just smoking, need a new turbo.

paz

Bah, thought that might be the case- just didn't know if it could be something different.

Anyone got any hugely technical ideas before I spunk some money on a new turbo?

Cheers

Paz

paz

No one else? :?

I appreciate the information Jambo gave me (cheers by the way Jambo, sorry I forgot to thank you in my reply) but it's always nice to have a second opinion as well.

No one else? :?

I appreciate the information Jambo gave me (cheers by the way Jambo, sorry I forgot to thank you in my reply) but it's always nice to have a second opinion as well.
yer that's cool mate, I asked same question a few weeks ago; I guess I was just hoping for a simple explanation and not have to get a new turbo haha. No I am in same boat as you and need to spend some cash :(
I took my inlet pipe off and could see oil all around the compressor wheel and oil in the inlet plenum so kind of knew it was the turbo :(