Soft Brakes

boucherie

Ive just spent the morning bleeding down the brakes, but they still feel soft under normal braking (you have to hit the pedal 2 or 3 times while braking to get a decent response). Ive got new braided lines on the front which have been nipped up with thread sealant and ive also got a brake cylinder stopper bracket fitted, so im thinking that maybe the master cylinder is on the way out as its not upto the task with the increase in pressure from the stopper bracket (or would that make no difference??) Ive got to have the rear braided lines fitted next week, but i cant see that making a difference to this current performance.
Has anyone else had this trouble and how did they overcome it :?:

Mr GTiR

The 'soft' pedal could be down to too much flex in the standard rear lines as you now have uprated one on the front.

I had this problem when i fitted mine (did not have time to do the rears) as it was about 2 weeks after i fitted the rears. It made a hell of a lot of difference, just wait and see, get the rear lines fitted A.S.A.P.

boucherie

Ive had the front calipers off as i snapped a banjo bolt into the thread so had to drill it out :shock: the car already had braided lines on the front but i wanted a full set, and ive bled the system down with the engine running and with the cap on and off.

Im guessing that somewhere along the line ive got a massive airlock :?

Uncle Winnet

if you had both the calpers off at the same time make sure you put them back on the right side the bled nip should be at the top off the calper

john