smaller tail pipe,quite then R down?

mohsan

I have a mongoose system with a 5 inch tail pipe,car sounds good but a little unnecessary as even when i aint driving fast its just rumbling.
Also i dont like how every one has to know that im coming or going. so if i brought a smaller tail pipe such as a 3.5 inch cut will that quiten it down?
answers please thank you

J

Jon T

I think it will just make it punchier, there will be less drone though I'm pretty sure.

A

andy n

since i decatted mine it seems quieter cos its crisper sounding and doesnt resonate as much.

G

GTI-R Kid

If you're thinking of swapping from a 5" Mongoose tip to the 3.5" tip then YES it will be slightly quieter.

Sadly though (for you) you'll still be announcing your arrival and departure.

S

Sirnixalot

the way those exhaust bungs/silencers work is they force the exhaust to go through the mufflers core. They wont really work when you dont have a muffler.....

A

Anonymous

Ive got the 5" goose too, i love the way it pops, crackles and spits flames 8) But its so loud, does my head in on the motorway or long journeys. My mate sais he can always tell when im comming :lol:

c20ona

i've got the 3.5 scorpion with de-cat on my motor and it sounds the business.quite on the low revs and loud as feck in the high's, perfect.
as someone mentioned before, there's nothing worse than a loud exhaust
on the motorway = major headache !. :x