Shims Sorted

Matty B

Met pulsarboby today at his workshop in southend. Just want to say what a top bloke he is and a big thankyou to him for re-shimming my car. He did a great job, engine sounds perfect now. Nice to meet a guy who doesn't mind taking the time to show and explain what he's doing, learned alot today thanks Bob.
Couldn't believe how many spare parts he's got too, honestly, if you need ANYTHING he's got it.

Thanks again Bob, hopefully we'll meet again.:thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

cheers matt, and your welcome fella;-)was good to put another face to a name!
really though, the less you see of me the better (for your pocket anyway):lol:

btw very nice motor you have there, one of the cleanest ive seen and very well looked after too!

olliecast

pulsarboby said:
cheers matt, and your welcome fella;-)was good to put another face to a name!
really though, the less you see of me the better (for your pocket anyway):lol:

btw very nice motor you have there, one of the cleanest ive seen and very well looked after too!
hey mate, fancy helping me re shim mine when i pick the boxes up?? :oops:

got to admit, anything i want, pulsar bobby has always got, always got time for a reassuring chat aswell, top bloke!!

P

pulsarboby

thanks chaps, its good to know that im doing something right, makes a horrible job more worthwhile that way:-D

ollie it will be a while before i get round to shimming your car, its not a five minute job and not a job i like doing in all honesty, although i will do it!
poor old matty had been waiting ages for me to do his, and at present i cant touch any more work on gtir's untill third week in january.
but il give you a shout when the g'boxes are ready to be picked up.

olliecast

no probs mate, if you show us the basic principle on the back of a fag packet i should be ok doing it meself. let us know about the boxes, the garage is cleared all ready!!

the turbo housing is looking good by the way!!

P

pulsarboby

yep will do matey, dont think im gonna have those boxes ready till after the new year though, if you can wait that long! still got the lump in one car:doh: and its getting close to the big drinking session time of year lol

olliecast

i totally understand and i`m not going to be ready now to pick up till after the new year due to the reasons you mention aswell!! let me know what weekend mate and i can plan on getting down then and ordering bearings etc.

Radleigh

Whats involved? and is this the "tappy" noise??

Mine seems to have got worse since I got my car back from a company that done my headwork/head gasket change :yell:

and to say its annoying is an understatement :sad:

Anyone wanna quote me on a price for the work please?

P

pulsarboby

the car should not be tapping from the topend if you have had the head overhauled.
i can either tell you how to do it yourself or i can book your car in to do it for you.

but in all fairness you should take it back to whoever done the work and say your not happy with it and give them a chance to sort it out for you!

leemh

at long last matt you have another job sorted.sorry i forgot to text you back bout that mines ecu had alot on my mind.

Radleigh

pulsarboby said:
the car should not be tapping from the topend if you have had the head overhauled.
i can either tell you how to do it yourself or i can book your car in to do it for you.

but in all fairness you should take it back to whoever done the work and say your not happy with it and give them a chance to sort it out for you!
I should, But I dont want to.. Its a long story.

Id be happy to book it in with you, someone who knows what there doing:)

What kinda price and time scale am I looking at?

Thanks, Radleigh8)

P

pulsarboby

at the moment your looking around febuary time, pm me for price and il book it in, if you want it done!