service

mohsan

had a service done today,changed engine oil from 10w60 fully synthetic castrol rs to fullysynthetic 15w50 the car is much more livelier,quieter cant believe hoew much difference it makes on a r!
i will keep up with services now that i know the r is like a different car after service

M

mozza

humm good one, im prob changing my oil this wkend so will try out a 15w 50, as I have 10/60 milllers in at the mo.......
what make you go for mate???

GTIR1000

i was reading the post by oilman yesterday and i have decided to do an oil change at weekend to 15-50 has it made thart much of a difference then mate which make did you use it says in the post mobil 1 15-50 is good

J

jiw

i too have just gone from 10w60 rs to silkolene pro r 15w50 and i cant believe how quiet the car runs compared to the 10w60, the cam chain seems none existent, jeff

hmmm

Oilman's top recommendation was Silkolene Pro S 10w50. What made you guys go for the Pro R 15w50? Just curious...

J

jiw

the pro r was all my supplier had in stock, not sure what the difference is though :oops:

mattygti-r

i beelive the "r" is if ur hammering it round the track etc,

my mate uses it in his track car all the time,

i run pro s with an uprated oil filter find it helps the R no end!

8)

mohsan

powerstation

believe it or not but powerstation also reccomended the 15w50 over the 10w50, and nick who also works their,neverhad a engine rebuild,has had the r for about 5 years tells me 15w50 too!
as they say you need it a little thicker for high temps,but yeh bloody hell does that make a difference or what! i went for a silver bottle in motorman,15w50 fullysynthetic cant remeber what it was called,same grade so its all good