seriosly over fuelling ????

gtir350

Hi Alex, did you manager to get a voltage reading from the wires on the MAF ?

Dont think it'll be the O2 sensor as it should run "fine" without that connected

Last edited:
A

alexpulsar

voltage reading

hi dave no not tried that yet.i need to get it to idle to test it .tell you what dave ,is there any chance you can pop to mine with your power fc and lap top do a quick scan see if any thing comes up if so give me bell would really appreciate it al.oh ill pop your mafs and ecu back tommorow night.:thumbsup:

A

alexpulsar

hi there ollydj .im going to check that in a tick cheers for that idea al

MORF114

gtir350 said:
Dont think it'll be the O2 sensor as it should run "fine" without that connected
How is the ecu suppose to get a reading for air fuel if it has no 02 sensor?

P

pulsarboby

it will run without a lambda!
also sent pm in reply to your questions alex

P

pulsarboby

karl the car will run without lambda, but not very well as you rightly say it cannot monitor gases therefore can not give a correct reading to allow ecu to make the correct adjustments!
however the car will still run and tick over on idle, just not as well as it would with one fitted!

turbodaily

i was under the impression the lamda only adjusts the fueling up to a certain amount of revs, like 4k, to help with fuel economy. it will just run a tad richer with it unplugged at a guess

A

alexpulsar

im a breakdown technician a contractor for aa rac etc ,and i have been out to loads of people with ecu light illuminated plugged obd in come up with o2 sensor many time and they run sweet as. just emmisions which is not vis to the eye ball, but would fail an mot .dont think they look good either ugly critters.

A

alexpulsar

Shaun said:
Has this been sorted?
no joy yet shaun could really do wiuth your help geaser im clutching at straws now im off tues wed this week if you can look at it for me .??

A

alexpulsar

pissing in the wind

:cry: stiil no joy with over fuelling,i have even plugged my new power fc ecu in with data link connected to lap top all sensors working ok ie temp sensor and air maf mainly also tried diff leads ive checked for good earth to ballast resister and earth to coil .i have got a spare dizzy and coil to try will try them in a bit.i have changed my fse to std fuel reg. im considering taking my 255 pump out and testing it with std pump ,which i will also try today .

A

alexpulsar

thanks everyone

i would just like to say a big thanks to dave for helping me out using all his spares ,and getting soaked wet thru on sunday just to help me out your a star:thumbsup: .also a big thanks to bob for your time in helping me work things out :thumbsup: .im still not 100% sure what cured it ,in the end as i changed dizzy,replaced walbro with stock pump replaced FSE with stock fuel reg also changed the little module which sits below the coil ??i also dropped some cheap shit plugs in for testing purposes.cracked it up adjusted dizzy and hey presto bobs your uncle it run perfect oh i also replaced engine oil.i have done about 60 or 70 miles in it up and down m6.:thumbsup: .got a few finances to sort out then im strapping my new tubular manifold and gt2871r turbo on, sticking my power fc on also 700cc inj and 300zx maf, and off to weston motorsport for a set up on dynopack! cant wait :-D .thanks to you all that helped :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator: