SE Nissan wide arch kit?

N

Ninja_tune_factory

i fink there shood be a poll for this :!: :!: wat the rest of you fink :?: :?: :?:

Nad

Ian M said:
Whats all this its a road going rally car?????

NO, its a road car that resembles a rally car. Anybody take thier R's rallying then?
Why isnt it. U will find no other road car that is as close to the rally car than an R at the time it was built in the 90's. Most cars were close to the original spec becasue of the FIA rulings. They were not like todays cars like the 206 which isnt even produced as a 4wd. Also the Group A R didnt cost 13 times the cost of the original car.

Take the Dakar for example. That was produced to be used as a rally car, full of cheap stuff ready to be stripped. U r also forgeting Nismo done a full range of rally options that could be speced if wished.

Road going rally car, rally car for the road<<<whats the difference :?:

J, the shells and chassis are reinforced over the standard items to cope with the extra power. I never said they were mega stiff, just better than a 1.6 shell. Also the brakes only just fit under the standard wheels and Group N cars would have used the standard setup just better pads. Although the style of caliper isnt too good.

Also if u think the brakes are crap ur driving with the brakes to much, change ur driving style :wink: :lol:

Nad

J

J-GTi-R

Also if u think the brakes are crap ur driving with the brakes to much, change ur driving style
Nad, you really need to actually drive an 'R once in a while instead of just talking about it, all this Nova driving is messing with your brain. I'm not even going to bother trying to explain this one... :wink: :wink:

A

Anonymous

Nad said:

Nad
I said road car that RESEMBLES a rally car, it is after all a ROAD car. Meant to be driven within the speed limits legaly etc. at the end of the day, i expect half thecorsa and saxo drivers think they shouldnt have body kits or herendisly big wheels, but we'll still stereo type them.

Ive said this before, what the hell are you talking about polls for??? Why the hell should i hold a poll for every one else to tell me what to do with my car :x

Who cares what a mojority of R owners say they would like to do to with thier motor. Still doesnt mean SHIZNAY to what i wanna do.

Are we spose to be sheep? And follow the man with the highest post count? :x

G

GTI-R Kid

Each to their own and its as simple as that.

The hard-core purists are gonna hate every slight change that is made. Some like subtle small changes. Some like complete makeovers.

I'll worry about my car - if someone likes it then great, if they don't i won't mind because it wasn't built for them. 8)

A

Anonymous

There are certain changes that would require rehomologation. These would include wider arches. Here I am talking about the road car homologation not rally homologation. This includes several very expensive crash tests and would have killed the program. I don't think people realise the development costs that go into such 'minor' changes. The rally program would be able to spend vast amounts of money that would kill off the road car. Companies will take loss leaders on special models as it will boost sales of the standard versions. Most of these programs make large losses that are only off set (if you're lucky) by the increase in sales of the base varients. Any where they can cut costs they will. At the end of the day do wide arches make it any faster? No, so why would they want them on a rally car? Are you acctually going to rally yours? If not then why not make it a bit different?

(For those saying 'Nissan would have done it if it was an improvement'. Does this mean you have no mods what so ever? I doubt it)

If you like it do it, if not, don't! :wink:

Dunc

A

Anonymous

Ooooh, had a few beers at lunch yesterday may have got a bit over excited, Sorry :oops:

Nad

J-GTi-R said:
Also if u think the brakes are crap ur driving with the brakes to much, change ur driving style
Nad, you really need to actually drive an 'R once in a while instead of just talking about it, all this Nova driving is messing with your brain. I'm not even going to bother trying to explain this one... :wink: :wink:
Cause u cant, go play with the sheep :lol:

Nad

Nad

Ian M said:
Nad said:

Nad
I said road car that RESEMBLES a rally car, it is after all a ROAD car.
It was produced as a road car to homologate the rally car but in regards to a Dakar, all rally cars were based on them.

What is the difference between a rally car and a road car especially when u come to Group N :?: Stripped out, rollcage and fire extinguisher system. Most are converted from road cars anyway.

I think u can go into this quite far but I doubt anyone has the time to so I'll leave it as that lol.

L8r

Nad