sard fpr

t16coupe

is it worth me fitting a sard fpr to my car it as just the usual exhaust and induction mods front mount intercooler turbo techincs t28 mines ecu 1.1 bar boost etc but have plans soon to fit some evo injectors nistune or unichip and a z32 if its needed

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
No, not really. - Some may argue with me, but as I see it an adjustable fuel pressure regulator is just a bodge; rather than fitting bigger injectors you're trying to force more through the ones you've got and they won't necessarily thank you for it.

If you're looking to fit EVO injectors at a later date, I'd just do that.

t16coupe

just was thinking would it work better that the nissan one if it was set to 3 bar what the nissan one runs at or is the nissan one good enough for the job

t16coupe

not brought one yet but i have saw some of the cheap ones going around on ebay so am guessing they are the fakes floating around

MarkTurbo

or is the nissan one good enough for the job
For about 95% of peoples cars the answer is yes. The standard regulator holds stable fuel pressure and raises it in line with the level of boost pretty well so in most cases theres no need to change it.

I'm still using a standard one on my car ;-)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
At what level of boost or power would it be worth getting an fpr?
I still say it's a bodge. If you need to throw more fuel in, buy bigger injectors rather than trying to force more fuel through the ones you've got.

pulsarmoley

If you were to increase the fuel pressure, would you not get a better spray pattern for more efficient combustion? I only ask as modern engines can have fairly high pressures which i thought was to get a better burn and for emissions.

Murff93GTiR

If you were to increase the fuel pressure, would you not get a better spray pattern for more efficient combustion? I only ask as modern engines can have fairly high pressures which i thought was to get a better burn and for emissions.
problem with that is u have it set wrong ull either under or over fuel the engine.as said if u need more fuel buy bigger injectors.better to spend the money on them than try to save a few quid on an fpr
Set it up wrong,bore wash the cylinders and fuck the engine

pulsarmoley

problem with that is u have it set wrong ull either under or over fuel the engine.as said if u need more fuel buy bigger injectors.better to spend the money on them than try to save a few quid on an fpr
Set it up wrong,bore wash the cylinders and fuck the engine
If you were to get it setup on the rollers so that the map can be adjusted for the increased pressure would it be beneficial? Either way it would have to be setup. I would always fit bigger injectors, just getting some info anyway...

Murff93GTiR

One of the most common problems ive seen/heard with them is the spring collapsing or going soft thus reducing fuel pressure.in all honesty as with the more experienced members have said stixk with the srock one unless u absolutly have to uprate.

Liam 589

One of the most common problems ive seen/heard with them is the spring collapsing or going soft thus reducing fuel pressure.in all honesty as with the more experienced members have said stixk with the srock one unless u absolutly have to uprate.
Does the stock fpr not have a spring that could go soft or collapse as well?