SAFC/Nistune/Blue emanage

boyleswar

Hi

After doing a few searches I'm getting more and more confused.

I'm looking to up boost on my pulsar but I want reliable power not hit and miss.

I read up on the SAFC and thought that was the best option at controlling the fueling then I read Nistune is a better way and then emanage.

I will have larger injectors(open to size as I'm looking into the controller and will match the injectors to whats needed) and z32.

I'm only looking at running 1-1.2bar on a Turbo technics stage 1 exchange unit. I have an RB box so not too fussed about big power figures, its more reliable/smooth power I'm looking for and its a track/Nurburgring only toy so daily reliablity isn't important. Neithers money really I don't want a mickey mouse brush over the cracks controller I want something that is going to do that job and do it well. I've considered a aftermarket ecu but as it's only fueling I want 'controlled' figured the benefits don't warrant the costs.

I have an engine tuner here that I'll go to but i'd like some background thoughts on things before I go to him and see what he wants to work with but rather then go to him not really knowing what others experiences are I thought it worth an ask.

Any help would be great., if im talking sh1t feel free to flame me ;)

EVOBAD

if your only going for 1.2bar max you dont need injetors or z32maf as strd ones will be good enough ,plus alot of guys run 1.2bar with the strd ecu ,so in your case just get apexi safc and get it set up.

dotalot

Im running 1.3 with only upgrade being a walbro. Had it on rollers and A/F is still slightly rich (safe) and no knocking. To be honest if its for track use your money would be better spent on brakes and cooling.

nex

Im running 1.3 with only upgrade being a walbro. Had it on rollers and A/F is still slightly rich (safe) and no knocking. To be honest if its for track use your money would be better spent on brakes and cooling.

if you have upped your boost that much and your running rich i would tend to think it would point to an issue else where and it should be lean if anything........perhaps a fuel regulator issue?

I wouldnt advise it myself, anyone else?

guider

I'm running An uprated pump and hksIV boost controller. Settings 1.0 low 1.2 high no problems yet and I have had it a year. ( fingers crossed)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
The safe advice is get it on the rollers and see where you can safely put the boost without going lean... or getting a wide-band lambda sensor and doing it yourself.

As stated though, there is actually quite a bit of headroom with the standard ECU. But when you get a bigger turbo it's lost.

shroom

Just get nistune then you can have all the headroom you like and a good setup, same sort of price (from fusion Ed) as buying the crap safc2 and wiring it in, and then getting someone to set it up,

nistune will then alow in the future maybe to slap on a bigger turbo with your, injectors z32 and internals and run alot more power, were as the safc will just be like trying to fuck a fat bird, hard and tiring and after you think wtf was the point :lol:

P11SR20DET

Just get nistune then you can have all the headroom you like and a good setup, same sort of price (from fusion Ed) as buying the crap safc2 and wiring it in, and then getting someone to set it up,

nistune will then alow in the future maybe to slap on a bigger turbo with your, injectors z32 and internals and run alot more power, were as the safc will just be like trying to fuck a fat bird, hard and tiring and after you think wtf was the point :lol:
Hahahaha! Why don't you tell us how you really feel? :lol::lol:

But your point is well noted and worth serious consideration. Except that with a little knowledge, one can probably tune an SAFC (or even emanage) on the dyno by themselves - without having to pay a tuner...?:roll::roll:

shroom

yer you could probably get away with that yourself with a wideband? I was inclined to think they were around 150 quid though for an AEM one so its an extra cost to get the equipment, then trying to make or buy det cans etc can all add up