RPM Limit Question

DavidGTiR

poetic said:
i live in hampshire mate, the unichip may be worth concidering if i decide to put a bigger turbo on, and therefore have to uprate injectiors..etc.

save sending to jwt again..etc.

thanks
I really didnt understand the logic in that statement mate. Its a piggyback also, so you can keep the std ECU. It makes no difference if you use it with or without the bigger turbo and injectors. It is the better option no matter how you look at it. Your choice (which i appreciate is yours) is like doing half a job. If you buy the Unichip in the first place it can be re-mapped in the future and will save you the cost of getting the JWT, then the Unichip. The JWT "chip" just has a general performance map on it anyway that they will have made on a slightly modded car and then burn onto anyones ECU that they send them. Its not anything special. The same as everyone else that has bought the chip off them. A Unichip or fully mappable ECU is tailored to your specific car and would not perform the same even on an identical spec GTi-R. If you were to choose the Unichip or other mappable ECU you would not require the S-AFC or any other form of engine control. The mappable ECU can take control over boost also so this saves you purchasing a boost controller.

Not trying to sound cheeky but i cant understand why you are going down the route you are but its your car. Again not trying to sound like im on a high horse or anything. :D

P

poetic

the problem i had was that my ecu kept flooding the engine because it didnt know it had 444cc injectors on it, the primeras (i dont know if its the same on the GTiR) have a learning ecu to some extent!

i know what your getting at mate and your right in a way, basicaly JWT are getting my Primera ecu up to GTIR spec, i can then get a pigyback ecu like one of the unichips or equivilent, for real time mapping!

:D :D :D

DavidGTiR

Thats why cars need mapped again when you have fitted larger injectors.

I wonder what they are exactly doing to the ECU in terms of adding boost control funtion to it anyway. Seems like to much hassle for something that can be done locally and with more guarantee/backup and performace.

Im going to shut up now but i wish you all the best with your car whatever you do to it. :D

J

jiw

just put a gti-r ecu on it and forget about the NATS im sure you must have at least cat 2 security on board maybe even a cat1 alarm as the insurance would most likely call for this when you tell them about the engine conversion.

P

poetic

jiw said:
just put a gti-r ecu on it and forget about the NATS im sure you must have at least cat 2 security on board maybe even a cat1 alarm as the insurance would most likely call for this when you tell them about the engine conversion.
the NATS is my cat 1 alarm! all the security is programed into my ecu. keycodes..etc..

if i put a gtir ecu in i would then need to get another alarm fitted and it worked out cheeper jsut to get my ecu remaped!