rolling road removed my lamber sensor

123 gtir

ok car just made 371 bhp not bad but not good was hoping for 400
but they removed the lamber sensor is this commin as im worries im going to fry my engine

any info will b cool

thank you

GTIR-LOZ

it will stop any o2 adjustment are you using a standard ecu or something else on the power fc you can remove the lambda sensor and run without it just fine, its really meant for switching around stoitch to give better fuel economy but it can mess up peoples tunes sometimes

123 gtir

thank you loz they did remove it cause they could not map it right
they told me their explanation was that when the lambda went into closed loop it was leaning out the map so they unplugged it and disabled the feature in the Power FC

just was hoping my engine is safe

do i need to plug it back in for m.o.t ?? thx again

GTIR-LOZ

they did not really need to unplug it just disable it in the power fc, it alters the fueling by itself to give you the best economy etc so when you try to map there it mucks it all up

as long as your afrs are ok you dont really need to re-enable it but you might get a few mpg more you cant re-enable it in the pfc without a datalogit or similar i think

gtirjoey

they did not really need to unplug it just disable it in the power fc, it alters the fueling by itself to give you the best economy etc so when you try to map there it mucks it all up

as long as your afrs are ok you dont really need to re-enable it but you might get a few mpg more you cant re-enable it in the pfc without a datalogit or similar i think
or the commander;-)
i dont run mine as the car runs better without it