Rods

marcymarc

Hi there , just a quick question if i may,

Does anyone make rods that are gtir specific (other than nissan)

All the rods ive seen all need the s13 bearings, just wondered if there was some uprated specific ones?

O

Odin

Yes loads of people.

My par rods are for a gtir and stu has pauter (sp) rods that are for a gtir as well.

Rob

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
MarK, I don't know if you're planning a mega re-build now but the standard rods are quite good. If yours are damaged get another second hand set, get them checked out for cracks, shot peened and some new bolts and they'll be fine for over 400hp. Do a search on StevePudney, he posted up what he did when this came up recently.

Jim

marcymarc

campbellju said:
MarK, I don't know if you're planning a mega re-build now but the standard rods are quite good. If yours are damaged get another second hand set, get them checked out for cracks, shot peened and some new bolts and they'll be fine for over 400hp. Do a search on StevePudney, he posted up what he did when this came up recently.

Jim

Rob said something along these lines earlier,

How much is the crack testing and shot peening, isnt it much more viable just to buy new ones?

J

jpward

RishiGTiR said:
I can get Rods with ARP Bolts for that! :lol:
And hence why i am not going with the standard rods anymore ;-)

Be interesting to see how much Stevey got stung for?

marcymarc

RishiGTiR said:
I can get Rods with ARP Bolts for that! :lol:

Thats my point,

I dont think i can find any as cheap as those, but even at say £400 buying new seems a much more viable route to take...knowing that youve have got brand new rods is surly a better piece of mind??

J

jpward

marcymarc said:
Thats my point,

I dont think i can find any as cheap as those, but even at say £400 buying new seems a much more viable route to take...knowing that youve have got brand new rods is surly a better piece of mind??
Yes better piece of mind knowing that they are probably better balanced and weight matched and a few grams lighter can be up to as much as 200gms a rod from what i can remember ;-)

With the $ 2:1 £ seams silly not to buy Forged ones really hey Rishi how bigs your suitcase :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
jpward said:
With the $ 2:1 £ seams silly not to buy Forged ones really hey Rishi how bigs your suitcase :lol: :lol: :lol:
I came back with half an engine for someone last time.. :shock:

I've already filled out a few suitcases, but won't be back for a few months anyway.. Besides the only spare space i have in the suitcase is for Channie's parts as i owe him a favour for putting me up for the night when my car decided it didn't want to be mapped! :doh:

J

jpward

RishiGTiR said:
I came back with half an engine for someone last time.. :shock:

I've already filled out a few suitcases, but won't be back for a few months anyway.. Besides the only spare space i have in the suitcase is for Channie's parts as i owe him a favour for putting me up for the night when my car decided it didn't want to be mapped! :doh:
Why don't you just ship the stuff not like you need insurance or proof of signator as you'd know the people was talking to a guy today actually about how it would be a good business for someone to have on the east coast and sell away just to the europe market to many US companies cant be bothered with outside US shipping :doh:

:thumbsup: