rocker shims

yellow gtir

i over reved my car during i was driving it and the car just slowed down and went off, for a little wile the car did not start but after cooling down the car started but sounded a bit like a subaru but only came on for about 15 seconds and went off agan. I was told by my mate tht i broke the ROCKER ARMS and ROCKER SHIMS so i have bought some rocker arms but cannot seem to find any ROCKER SHIMS does anyone know where i could get them from???? and also the car does not go in any gear after that incedent i have been told that i blew the clutch, can the clutch blow by over reving??? or if its not the clutch why is it not going in any gear??? HELP PLZ!!!!! :cry:

gtir_pimp

does it go in gear when the engine is off? shims from nissan maybe? any tuning garage should be able to sort it out. how many have you broke and what revvs did you go to? reason it sound like a subaru is because its not firing on all cylinders lol

yellow gtir

yes it does go in gear when the engine is off. i think i reved it to about 8.5revs the car hits 8 revs with no prob because its far from standerd. could i get the shims from dealers?

gtir_pimp

you can get them from nissan but not sure how much they are and how long they will take to get in. dont think theyre an off the shelf item. or i think ericsperformance parts do them on ebay. thas the name of the shop. might be cheaper and quicker to get them from there, but ring nissan and see what they say

yellow gtir

ok mate thanks will do that. and what about the clutch it goes in gear when the car is off and dosent when its on do i need a new clutch for that?

Matty B

Yes you can get the shims from Nissan. When i needed some ( last year ) they were around £15 each. There are 16 so if you need them all its gonna be an expensive job. Also, the waiting list was 3 months when i needed them. I decided to take the cheaper and quicker route and rang PULSARBOBBY. Might be worth sending him a message matey.

Matty B

just click on 'members list' at the top of the page and search for ' pulsarbobby'. You will then be able to send him a message.

yellow gtir

hi thanks for that but i do not know how send him a massege ,do you know his emails address so i can send him a massege that way. thanks

gtir_pimp

your best bet is to call him on the number above. or to message him click on private messages at the top right corner of this page and then click on send new message half way up the next page and then type your message in the box and type pulsarboby in the recipients name and when you have done your message click send. clear as mud yeah?!

P

pulsarboby

yellow gtir did you just email me about shims?
if so i have just replied via email