RO_SUNNY's complete engine rebuild!

RO_SUNNY

Hi guys,

I kinda need some help as I want to do a full standard rebuild on my engine as I don't have the money to go the forged way ( so to speak).

I need a shop where to buy all the gaskets, head bolts and others.......and I need an electronic engine rebuild manual or a service manual ( but not gtirworkshopmanual).

Thanks ion advance!

regards,
B

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I need a shop where to buy all the gaskets, head bolts and others.......and I need an electronic engine rebuild manual or a service manual ( but not gtirworkshopmanual).
I'm a bit confused as the worshop manual tells you how to rebuild your engine? I've never seen a better manual than that for the GtiR?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Is it more that you can't have teh interwebs open in the garage whilst working on the car... and printing it out doesn't really work because of the formatting (you get all the Google ads, and only half the page of the manual).

Download the version that Shalom put on Mediafire? - That's all the pages in electronic format (plus a couple of extra bits specifically for Pulsars because they are domestic cars in Australia) for free; you can put it on a CD if you want, or print the pages out in full size.

I was pretty sure that yours is genuinely a GTi-R rather than a Sunny sedan with an SR20DET in it, so I would have thought the Sunny manual was fine.

RO_SUNNY

@ Danny
I have some blue-ish smoke comming from the tail pipes when i rev it at 5000 rpm
Also...it's spitting out oil from the block oil recirc pipe ( it done that when it was on the dyno) and I am affraid that I will destroy the engine if I still race the car like that.
Do you have any advices?
I will highly appreciate if you will give me some!
@Jim
Sorry for the bad spelling.
I need a shop where to buy the parts which I need for my rebuild and an electronic workshop manual so that I know tightening torques and everything

@Pobody
See what I explained to Jim......(My car is an Pulsar converted to left hand drive....so basicly an original GTIR)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
In that case, download the manual; there are a couple of people who put it up for hosting, but GTiROZ (Shalom) is the only one that comes to mind. - If I find the link I'll post it for you, but I'm pretty sure it's on here somewhere.

EDIT: You should be able to get a load of really good stuff inclusing the service manual, plus the group N manual etc, here: http://www.mediafire.com/gtiroz
If it asks for a password at all, it will be gtiroz

RO_SUNNY

Thanks Pobody....but it says "error 404 page not found"
Could you be so kind to get me another link?

Thanks

red reading

Before you do anything leak down test it, is the oil pumping out of the block breather or rocker cover breather? And does your turbo have a inline oil restrictor?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Thanks Pobody....but it says "error 404 page not found"
Could you be so kind to get me another link?

Thanks
You're quite right. Try this one: http://www.divshare.com/folder/105807-8a7
Copy of FAST, the workshop manual, and a whole load of videos. - I've got a feeling that the group N manual is in with the workshop manual.

There's also http://docs.gtiroz.net which has a whole load of other useful documents like the wheel offset calculator.

RO_SUNNY

Before you do anything leak down test it, is the oil pumping out of the block breather or rocker cover breather? And does your turbo have a inline oil restrictor?
Hi Dan,

The oil is pumping from the block breather.
Yes my turbo has an 0.8 restrictor which I bought it along with the turbo.

Before I have made the mapping I have done a compression test and everything was spot on.....

Cheers mate!

red reading

that is just the oil mist being thrown up by the crank, put the original oil catch can back on with the small metal pipe that runs behind the dizzy back on (it has a small restrictor to stop this in it), and do a leak down test a comp test tells you not alot.

stumo

You will need a leak-down tester and a compressor.

it pressurises the cylinder at TDC, you will see on the gauge what the leakage is and also hear where it is
ie if the inlet valve(s) are leaking you will hear leaking air in the inlet manifold,
or through the exhaust if it's the exhaust valves
or through the oil cap if it's the piston rings

RO_SUNNY

Mates....I am thinking like this.

A brand new set of complete gasket kit is around 100 GBP, the seling rings for all 4 pistons is around 150 GBP.
I think that I will go for that and making a complete refreshing of the engine.

What are you thinking about this?

P.S. anyway the engine is out now:p

stumo

A complete Nissan gasket set is now about £220 :shock:

and a set of std rings are £135

RO_SUNNY

Yes those prices are in the UK.
Here in Draculas country a complete gasket set is 100 GBP and a set of rings is 150 GBP.

So what are you thinking guys???

Shall I go for it?