Rising temprature under full throttle

A

Anonymous

The car is standard apart from the zigen exhaust & apexi filter. The temprature is ok driving easy or even cruising at 140KPH with the A/C on.But once you accelarate hard (slugishly) the temperature rises inntantly,get off boost while cruising and it cools to the normal temperature This happens mostly midday when temperature approaches "50deg centigrade"
Tried remedies removed the thermostate no improvement
installed a localy custom fabricated 3row copper radiator still no improvement.
The thought of front mounted IC well that is out of the question.
And yes checked both fans are funtioning,no leaking coolant
and using 98otane unleaded.

A

Anonymous

1st suggestion would be to Flush the radiator and engine with radiator flush and see if any dirt comes out .... you may have restricted water passages in the engine .... if that doesnt rectify the problem ....i'd say you might have a damaged head-gasket [:(]

A

Anonymous

Hi, I had a similar problem, which was cured by having a new rad fitted (the old one had restricted air flow due to the fins being flattened).

J

jasegould

Does it actually overheat..ie if u kept on driving it hard would u have to stop to let it cool?

Ooooohh...its black..yawn..with 17'S..yawn..mongoose..yawn...zzzzzzzzz...BUT NOT FOR LONG!!!!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

The guy who fabricated the radiator told me that I could try & find an original two row nissan aluminium radiator.

After a long search found a used double row aluminium radiator (dont know which nissan it came from)it is identical to the original only with a thicker core

Hope this will solve the problem .will keep you posted once fitted.