rear strut brace

D

DodgeT

ive made & fitted one today.

if your wondering whether or not to fit one.... DO IT

im amazed at the difference, i have standard suspension, (apart from rear strut brace now) & its changed the car from rolly, understeery to getting me arse out around roundabouts & really good turn in & flatness.

i thinked someones changed my shockers while i wasnt looking :D

M

Mart

Good Good, thats what we like to hear! 8)

Any pics of ur handy work?

J

JamesB

I'm inspired by this - ive got coil-overs (harsh ride but i take it like a man :lol: ) and cusco front brace. Does anyone know why the rear brace makes such a drastic difference?? And yeah, some photos (and even your dimensions if your feeling generous) would be a great help.

D

DodgeT

im guessing it makes such a difference cus by stiffening the rear,its giving more grip to the front.

ill borrow the camera from work & take some pics in the next couple of days....

J

J-GTi-R

Do you have a front one on as well? When I put my front one on, it transformed the handling in a similar way.

I basically think any stiffening of the shell works, as the standard shell flexes something cronic.

D

DodgeT

dont have a front as yet...

my original idea was a rear brace & front upper & lower

i hope by fitting the front ones it wont stiffen it too much and lose the front end grip its now gained?

supose the only way to find out is to try it.

J

Jon T

This is not hijacking imo, so please don't kill me :)

When fitting a brace, is it best to tighten it by pulling the ends closer to the middle, or pushing the ends outwards? Obviously not a crazy amount but just enough to get it stiff.

D

DodgeT

im guessing you mean theres clearance in the holes which fit over the threads??

i would just drop the brace centrally over the threads and tighten the nuts down.

whats to say the strut towers are gonna move together or apart on cornering???

under no circumstances tighten the centre adjustment so that its trying to move anything, all you want to do is keep everything as it is, but supported.

J

Jon T

DodgeT said:
im guessing you mean theres clearance in the holes which fit over the threads??
On cusco strut braces you are required to adjust them to fit over the struts, I was just wondering what to do here.

From your advice then I should just line it up over the strut tops, sit it on the bolts and just tighten the nuts up leaving the adjustment alone. That's all I wanted to know! Thanks :)

D

DodgeT

if anybody is interested, i could make some of these up for a very good price :D :D

the end is only secured onto 1 bolt, but it is more than strong enough.

skiddusmarkus

Underneath the supports for the parcel shelf is an extremely strong bracket that Nissan must have out there for a rear strut brace.It's total overkill for the shelf and is welded to wheelarch.You can join both of these together with a bar for a cheap rear brace too.