Rear Droplinks

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
The bloke looking at my R says that all my droplinks are knackered and need to be replaced... I can find front ones easily enough, but where can I get the rear ones?

I did a search, but the only thread I could find that might have been helpful was from 2003, and the links were all dead. People must be able to get them because there's quite a few threads where people are saying they need new ones for their Teins (or similar)... but I'm after the ones for the standard strut. That is unless there's a benefit to fitting adjustable ones (like you can put more tension on the rear to dial-in some oversteer).

I think he'll probably try and source them himself, but I thought I'd do some investigation in case he has no more luck than me. He found a disc cheaper than eBay, so it's always possible.

Last edited:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Yahoo Japan sold some for the R quite cheap but I don't remember Nissan being that expensive. Adjustable ones won't dial in oversteer but can be handy with an adjustable rear ARB. (I haven't bothered though its on the nice to have list)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I got some uprated ones of ebay for mine. just do a search for (nissan pulsar,gtir,gti-r) you should find some
That's what I tried, but I only got front links.

Stu; I'm assuming it's the joint because I put new poly bushes on them about 6 months ago (because they looked knackered)... maybe that's what destroyed them; trying to undo the nut without twisting the link and damaging it.

I should have phrased it something like "I could get them from Nissan, but I don't have until Christmas to wait for the local dealer to get them".... but ~£14 each isn't so bad.

Saddler; that's a good link, thanks!
c4cpa; I already looked at them, and they're all front links (which is what prompted me to ask in the first place).

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Nope - I only really noticed a difference when I got the alignment sorted... plus I put uprated ARB bushes on the back and left the standard ones on the front to push the roll further forward (and give more steering bite). I've been driving with it like that for ~6 months before he looked at it and said it should have failed the MOT. I just figured that they were a bit 'floppy' so maybe I should replace them when he suggested it.

I still need to find-out if he wants me to source them or not. I've got a good lead now though, thanks for the help everyone!

GTIR-NZ

PobodY, did you ever get the right sized rear drop links for your ARB?? I'm having real trouble finding the right sized ones (about 15.5cms) compared to what's on offer at over 18cms. If you can remember that would be great.

Elton

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yes. I bought genuine Nissan in the end; I can't remember what they cost, but three years later it wouldn't be current anyway.

GTIR-NZ

Just been to Nissan Newbury and they had a set in stock that had been ordered in 7 years ago so RESULT! About half an inch longer than what was on but hopefully shouldn't cause a problem.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Is it possible you had fronts on the rear previously? - They are definitely longer on the rear axle, but I've never measured it.

GTIR-NZ

No, I reckon the ones that were on the car were from something else but seemed to fit perfectly. I did strip a car last weekend that had front ones on the rear though but the ARB was standard. Perhaps that was why it was at the scrapyard, had smashed up rear panel.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I think you can buy adjustable ones from Whiteline, but they don't come with their ARBs because they're an OEM fit an use the standard droplinks. - I guess they're more useful for people with after-market shocks that don't have the mounting points in the right spot.

grim_d

just tried to order a set of these through japarts to be told they only have ones for the UK cars, despite their website having the same part number for both. the nissan4u catalogue doesn't have the pulsar n14 unfortunately so I can't compare part numbers.

is there a difference in length of the links between the UK and import cars?

Last edited:

grim_d

yeah that's what I told the chap but he was having none of it.

Have told them just to send them anyway. see what happens.

Last edited: