Rear diff

mattytappy

Has anyone got an exploded view if the rear diff....been searching the online manual for an hour now and i cant booming find the thing.....after renewing the gaskets and bearings i cant get the drive shafts back in:doh: ...any help is much appreciated lads

mattytappy

Thanks mark....;-)

After looking at that diagram im worried that the clip may have come out with the drive shaft on the driver side....as i just cant seem to get the bugger back in again....when i refurb the diff a kept everything on the sides as your supposed to, so i just cant seem to work out why its not going home as it should.:roll:

Dont want to belt the thing and mess up any off the splines, does the driver side rear drive shaft normaly have a spring c clip on the end of the splind shaft that sits in the grove at the end of it???? does any one know....if not then is come out from inside the diff.:cry:

mattytappy

Thanks daz......just so you can all take the piss:lol: :lol: ......i sat at it for nearly half an hour puzzling why the bloody hell they would not go back in.......,has one of the bearings dropped did a put all the shims back properly and on the right side so on and so on,second guessing myself, but being the sure minded guy that i am:oops: , i was 100% positive that i had left the drive shafts lying on the side that they came out off.....BUT apparently the garage fairys must have magicaly come in and swapped them around at night just to play tricks on me as when i tryed them the other way round low and behold........THEY FITTED:shock: :doh: :oops: :oops:

KF79GTIR

mattytappy said:
BUT apparently the garage fairys must have magicaly come in and swapped them around at night just to play tricks on me as when i tryed them the other way round low and behold........THEY FITTED:shock: :doh: :oops: :oops:

I suffer from those fairies as well little boogers they are.