Rear brakes

S

Stoned

My discs are rusty as f00k and the pads dont seem to make much contact with the discs

I called my local motorfactor and they reckon new pads are £12 which are no problem, but standard discs are £40 each!!

Anyone know where the best place is to get these?

Cheers

Chris

Websnowbo

40 quid aint that bad really, but then again they are the same as the GTI so you should be able to half the price really.

Shop around a bit mate is ya best bet.

C

Cashpoint

If your Disk are rusty wouldn't it be a better idea to find out why as the shouldn't be? Probably just the calipers have seized but tha means taking them off, to get then recon.

S

Stoned

Nah they do work as both discs have shiny areas where the pads are making contact. Just the outsides and inner area's are covered in cack and are rusty. These are doubtless the original discs.

Ill try getting some GTi ones then if they are cheaper. Does anyone know if a shop sells grooved rear discs and what the best pads would be bearing in mind not much braking is done on the back

Cheers in advance!

R

Red Rice rocket

Godspeed do them for £95 a pair grooved drilled or both , and they are zinc plated to stop the middle going rusty - 01656 660899 - godspeedbrakes.co.uk

R

richpulsar

mine have rusty edge to tinkered with em the other day only find out that the hand brake cable had seized on the passenger side been driving round with the brake locked on :shock: fuel consumpsion much better now :) its fixed

D

DodgeT

my local motor factors sell std ones for £15 + vat ea.

thems & a set of mintex is what ill be avin :)

D

DodgeT

smithsons in stoke on trent 01782 315123

give em a ring, they may post them (but probably not) but they may be able to tell you where to get them from nearer you.

:)

R

Red Rice rocket

The Gti rear discs are different than the GTiR ones , they have different offsets , the fronts are the same though