Rear brake seal kits

mattytappy

hi guys and gals.......Any one point me in the direction of somewhere i can buy the brake seal kits apart from nissan as i only need the rubber seals and i refuse to be buggerded for £70 + vat for 4 bits of small rubber:roll:......been to the brake superstore and they just do the refurb calipers and have also found these on fleebay

Nissan Primera Brake Caliper seal kit R 3410

Item number: 280125085257

but not sure if they will fit...as i said above its only really the inner rubber seal and the flexible dust seal that im after...any help is appreciated guys.

regards;-)

matty

Last edited:

mattytappy

Ha,ha, first sign of madness answering my own posts....found a company called big red that do all the rubber seals needed to refurb front or rear calipers as either a front or rear set for £26 quid not bad....so anyone refurb there brakes in the future might be worth you giving these guys a call and save yourself £50

Brake Caliper seals/repair kits All makes & models

Item number: 280063212351

PayPal & major credit cards accepted
Worldwide distribution
Bigg Red Ltd
Tel; 01905 428793
EMail; calipers@biggred.co.uk
www.biggred.co.uk

UK Postage for upto 2 kits £1.69
European £2.49

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Matt, I'm sure you already know but when refurbishing the rear callipers the two main things that need replacing are the piston and the sliders. The piston corrodes due to water ingress on badly fitting worn seals this trapped water rust's the piston once the chrome has worn off and that fooks the seals completely. The sliders are just old an worn out and cause the brakes to be sticky.

The other week I bought the materials to make replacement piston's out of stainless but haven't had the time to make them as yet, to busy re-wiring my workshop.

mattytappy

Steve, when i started to strip mine down as one was seized i found that the first seal ie the main gater that should stop any dirt or grime getting in there was still in place but it seemed to be trapping more dirt than keeping out and hence the car hadnt moved for a while and they seized...but after ive stripped it down and had a look the piston was just starting to show signs of rust but i too some very fine wire wool to it and it perfect again.
If they were badly pitted or really rusty then i would not be fitting them back in again and getting new ones.

As you look inside the caliper there is a small metal band between the first seal and then a second smaller inner seal....this is the culprit for i would say most of the pitsons seizing up as thats were most of the dirt accumilates and corrodes that part of the caliper and forms rust against the piston itself.

Jonesy

Matty,

Did you order the rear caliper seal kit for the sunny gti, they say they dont list a kit for the pulsar.

Cheers

mattytappy

Strange....as i definatly said mine was a gtir and the kit that they sent was spot on....try them again....i will dig out the old packet and get the item number for you fella so you can order the same kit as i did as mine work spot on now.