rear Adjustable Pillowball camber plates

skiddusmarkus

I bought these that were supposedly for the rears but turned out to be for a sentra or something.Looks like they can be made to fit but it was too late by then as needed the suspension on.

Tim

Aren't they for the front?

I would imagine the amount of adjustment at the rear using the topmount is going to be pretty minimal anyway, get camber bolts or elongate holes in the strut or hub.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
For a Sentra - that's a four-door shell with different mountings for the rear suspension isn't it?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I guess it depends on your budget and what your trying to achieve..........you need to ask yourself why those are only 25 quid, I wonder what their tensile strength is compared to the standard Nissan or whiteline bolts.

After nigh on a decade of modifying these cars and like a few others spending far to much time and money on the subject, the one constant theme of advice running through these forums is if you want it to last and be reliable, it's just not worth doing things on the cheap. That's not to say that all expensive products are all quality products and worth there extreme prices and not all cheap parts are rubbish. Lets just say that with the time and inclination it would be quite easy to search the archives of the OC and the modifiers write up a shopping list of quality parts to suit your budget.

If set correctly and not played with constantly Whiteline camber bolts can be fine for a road car, I most definitely wouldn't want to use them on a track car though, it's also quite common for them to loose there adjustment due to the suspension banging about on our amazing roads. In my opinion adjustable top mounts if you can afford them would be the the most reliable option.

warpspeed

I have done 2500 miles with my camber bolts from camskill fitted, and that was a trip to and around the nurburgring, then back to Mallory Park for over 140 miles on track and finally over to Cadwell park for another 5 laps on track before i blew the engine, not once did they come loose.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I said "they can be fine for a road car" and "it's also quite common for them to loose there adjustment".......... I didn't say they come loose..............and once fitted how easy is it to check they haven't moved a tad ?

But as long as your confident about blindly fitting a “pound shop” bolt of unknown quantity that in parts is only half as thick and probably not half as strong as the standard Nissan bolt then that's all that matters........oh and not forgetting you've saved a few quid, which of course is the main thing......