really annoying ticking/clicking noise???

Ricky_GTi-R

Yeah good job you cleared that up, or you would'nt have lasted on here long:lol:

Probably just the timeing chain mate, Pulsars are known to be quite rattily.

Ricky

A

adam.shepheard

just had a listen under the bonnet after the drive back from work and the tapping noise appears to be eminating from the inlet plenum????
any ideas what this cud be? the noise can be heard over the engine and exhaust(mongoose) so is quite loud, sounds like an old fiesta....
could jus not be hearing right as its very near the business side of the head (cams etc)

im stumpped!

MarkTurbo

adam.shepheard said:
the noise can be heard over the engine and exhaust(mongoose) so is quite loud, sounds like an old fiesta....
If your used to cars with hydraulic tappets then gtir's do sound quite clattery but its only due to the solid lifters and the fact its a chain driven engine ;-)

If its excessively noisy then the valve clearances are probably out and it'll need re shimming. You can usually juggle the shims around and re use a lot of them in different positions so you dont end up having to buy a complete set ;-)

A

adam.shepheard

yeah i know, to be honest when i listened earlier i was hearing the loud ticking noise and was like, jesus wheres all that other rattling coming from..... thats the solid lifters, this is something else!