raised bonnet

P

pulsarr

seen it done on some rx7s-was thinkin about doign it on my R
wut do u guys rekon
rasing the bonnet well fittign soem bonnet pins really tight so the bonnet is raised a bit at the windscreen?

will lots of water go into engine bay?
wtw i have a unvenetd bonent

GTiR_Mic

THere is somthing avilable that raises the bonnet at the window to allow th air to flow out.

Seen it on a few Vtecs, Scoobys & Evo's.

Try Demon Tweeks.

Mic

Dooie Pop Pop

GTiR_Mic said:
THere is somthing avilable that raises the bonnet at the window to allow th air to flow out.

Seen it on a few Vtecs, Scoobys & Evo's.

Try Demon Tweeks.

Mic
yeah a couple of washers placed under the mounts :der: :lol: ;-)

stumo

stu, you obviously don't know that they must be special bonnet raising washers.:doh:

P

pulsarr

had a look at demon tweeks couldnt find them
any of u guys knwo where to get them from

Dooie Pop Pop

iv got a set of 'special' bonnet raising shims you can have for £450:D i wasn' t joking earlier mate;-) the majority of people just remove the bonnet mounts and raise their level by inserting....washers:eyebrows:

dont throw money away:der:

stu: :doh: yeah i should have realised:lol:

S

si.c R

Word of caution..... Be very careful when raising bonnet with washers as if you overtighten them you will cause some nice bumps in your bonnet. Spoken from experience!!

stumo

si.c R said:
Word of caution..... Be very careful when raising bonnet with washers as if you overtighten them you will cause some nice bumps in your bonnet. Spoken from experience!!
don't you mean longer bolts??

stumo

that dooie's a robbing ba$tid, £450 ha ha he's having a laugh.

i can do the special washers for £420 and mine are height adjustable

MORF114

oh dear washers put humps in bonnet thats a new one ill try remember that one cheers :thumbsup:

:der: :der: :der: :der:

A

andrew

Be prepared for every good samaritan to be telling you your bonnet isn't shut or the old grannies in their micra chasing you down the road before, shouting...excuse me love your bonnets open, but i will have a go at it myself this weekend on my beast

matp5

I finally got my R a few days ago, imported from Japan, and my bonnet is raised with the help of a few washers on each side.

looks like this:

I don't see how it can really help venting the hot air out because the rubber strip at the back of the bonnet still fills the gap. Best would be a few washers and removing that rubber strip.