Radiator question

J

Jedi-Gti-r

Cruising down the road the other day when some twat kicked his ball in the road,too late for me to avoid :evil:

Ever since i've been losing coolant.It's coming out from the nearside top area,not much but it needs sorting.
Do i need a new radiator or can i use radweld :oops: or any other cure.

Thanks in advance guys.

Paul

geetee

Chemical Metal if u can get to the hole.

I've always thought RadWeld and the like can't be a good idea, all that gunk whizzing around trying to block the water feed to your turbo :shock:

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

J

Jedi-Gti-r

geetee said:
Chemical Metal if u can get to the hole.

I've always thought RadWeld and the like can't be a good idea, all that gunk whizzing around trying to block the water feed to your turbo :shock:

Good point mate.
Where can i get this Chemical metal from?

Thanks again.

T

Tart

..... or u can use "Sets Like Steel".... again only if u can see the hole! U can get this stuff from most car shops (possibly even Halfords, dare I say it). Excellent stuff....

Prob is the rad on the R is metal with the top guard being plastic. If the leak is coming from between the metal and plastic it is next to impossible to fix....... (unless u can get it apart!!!) If so id go for a new rad. There pricey new but sure u can pick up a second hand one. Nice Mr Ex-GTIR had one spare for £40 after I blew mine apart.... :oops:

..... and there easy to change......

Matt

geetee

Yep, Chemical Metal or Sets Like Steel - same stuff, different manufacturer.

Available from most motor spares places, Halfords and probably B&Q!

Cheers
GeeTee