Racing the Pulsar

bracpan

Just equalled by best time today at Shelsley Hill Climb....it was the quickest car on the approuch and finishing speed traps, against a GT3, scobies and clamied 600bhp Cossie...I think not...lol..

bracpan

Photobucket

As the car is for sale I was not driving to the very edge so definatly more time to come from the car. And it was the first meeting of the year and I only had one dry practice so all in all very happy with the result.
I will definalty miss the Pulsar when it goes as its given me by best results in many years of racing but I cant afford to keep it and build another car....once I get a buyer I will say what I am moving onto, as I said it will be light and easy move around with no tax, insurance & mot etc to worry about and will live most of its life on a trailer ready for the next meeting.
When I do sell it I can hand on the experiance of 8 years or racing the Pulsar at National level (11 years owning it) to the next driver so he or she will have one hell of a base to start off with..I know the car is not cheap ( its on Pistonheads now) but all the time, money & experiance spent over the years is invaluable to any future competitor..and as I proved yeaturday its still very competative and dam fast.

bracpan

Did not go racing this weekend as I have a problem with my Sprinter van it keeps going onto Limp mode,,,but once I stop it and start again its fine for a while so it cant be mechanical,,,dam electrics probably...or some strupid sensor.
Withing 2 minds to stop racing anyway as I dont want to damage the car before I sell it, I proved its going as well as ever so will just push on with the sale. No luck yet but will keep trying.

bracpan

Does the Sprinter have a knock sensor? is so any idea whereits located....it tends to do it as your changing gear going up a hill, as I seleect 4th if I keep my foot down it will go into limp mode, if I lift it slightly or change at full revs its ok..
Back to the Pulsar, I can see know whay people brake these cars as trying to sell them whole is not easy,,,I would not like to do this with all the delevolpment thats gone into the car..We will see.

bracpan

Dam van seems to behaving itself again,,,,,dificult to find a fault that disapears.
Decided to stop racing the car this week, if I damaged the Pulsar repairing it to sell would really hurt my plans.
Not had an luck yet, seems strange as i now a few people building competition cars but could have this one for miles cheaper than building one from scratch, I now the costs involved. Add on Pistonheads has not been very sucesfull might try the dreaded Ebay next.....

MarkTurbo

Phil, have you tried race cars direct? I don't think its that expensive to advertise a car and i would have thought it would be a more suitable target audience than ebay.

bracpan

Typical I cancelled the last Shelsley, just seen the results and the Pulsar would have walked it......such is life.

bracpan

Still no luck selling the Pulsar. I have even dropped the price down to the lowest I can go and still no takers....dam it...its holding my next project up big time. If it was a Cossie it would have gone ages ago for probably double the money,,,

jamesgtir

Lovely car phil & good luck with the new one. Your ad doesn't appear the be on pistonheads anymore.
May also be worth putting it on motorsportads.com
glwts