R wont start

skiddusmarkus

Check the coil-mine was missing like a bitch and then just cutout when I was on a dual carriageway.It wouldn't start again and sounded like there was no fuel in.

A

Anonymous

i have done a code check at it is all clear, what is the coil and where is it

zia

you,ve not said weather your getting any fuel? if there is no fuel from the injector than that would indicate that there is any ecu related problem.if on the other hand there is fuel then ignition circuit is at fault. the coil is next to the dizzy with lead coming from the top coil to the dizzy. if your capable then check ign amp for voltage from ecu or try changing for known good one.

zia

daz

check to make sure that no wires are grounding on the chassis that was my problem mine just cut out all of a sudden and would not start again dont ask me where the wire was or wat wire cause i aint a clue the good old auto sparky did mine for me
worth a look anyway cause i checked all my dizzy ig amp put new coil on and checked leads was a real head scratcher

A

Anonymous

problem

ive had it checked by a mechanic and he said he thinks its the bottom end that it is loosing compression,could it e this,

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If you were loosing compression then it would take longer to start as the pressure in the cylinder builds up, but it should start every time unless your engine is well fooked. :shock:

You said there was no spark tho and without a spark it won't start, so surely that's your problem. You now need to find out why there's no spark.

Did you over rev it when you went from 4th to 3rd?? Might be worth taking the rocker cover off to check the rocker arms are in one piece.

A

Anonymous

crank angle sensor

My car also wont start, turns over
i checked the fault codes and it came up with crank angle sensor circuit
would this stop my car from starting?
how can it be fixed?

cheers

skiddusmarkus

If you want a quick way of checking your spark-take your plugs out one at a time and with the HT lead attached,earth them to the chassis(just rest them against it)and turn the car over.You'll be able to see and hear either way then.Watch you don't get a shock though and it needs a mate to either watch plug or turn key.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Re: crank angle sensor

DC said:
i checked the fault codes and it came up with crank angle sensor circuit
would this stop my car from starting?
how can it be fixed?

cheers

Errr Yes :wink: :D

Change it for a working one. You'll have to find out if it's available separately as I gather it's part of the distributer. :?

A

Anonymous

re-build

how much would a rebuild cost for a pulsar to a standard specfication

daz

yes the dizzy has a halleffect sensor in it to tell it when to fire . if you are getting no spark which i wasnt when it happened to me a wire had bared through and was touching the chassis. baring in mind its not that easy to find as it took an auto electrician 4.5 hours to find it on mine. consider it as i think this may be the root cause of your problem