R.P.S Max Puk 6 Paddle clutch

forge400

Hi

I just ordered my R.P.S 6 Paddle Clutch for my G.T.I.R. I just want to know has anyone here used them and how are they like compared to the A.P 4 paddle. I have been told they handle up to 550lbft and is a 6 paddle better than a 4 paddle.

Thank you

forge400

paz

6 paddle is better according to Rob (I think, apologies if I'm misquoting bob ;)) because they're less harsh when engaging.

That aside, I don't know anyone on here yet who's fitted the paddle yet - most go for the steet max.

paz

forge400

hi

I just hope it's better than the A.P 4 paddle as that one broke under the torque, and rippled my flywheel don't wanna be changing clutches man.

O

Odin

My first paddle clutch was a 4 paddle HKS jobbie, Which I hated with a passion :evil: :cry: , My second was a Nismo 9 paddle jobbie which was lovely to drive with, Just like a standard clutch 8) :-D .

I now have a Spec 6 paddle clutch from the states which while not as nice to drive with as the Nismo, If far from being rubbish like the HKS one was 8) , It can be a tiny bit grabby and you need to keep the rev's up a little to pull away smoothly, But over all it's the price you have to pay for trying to keep 400 bhp under control ;-) .

Rob

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Thunder God said:
But over all it's the price you have to pay for trying to keep 400 bhp under control ;-) .

Rob

Think you'll find thats 399bhp dude!.... :lol:

Rishi

forge400

lol

I was thinking the A.P is rated at 280lbft is that why it broke apart. But the R.P.S is rated at 550lbft so should last.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
forge400 said:
lol

I was thinking the A.P is rated at 280lbft is that why it broke apart. But the R.P.S is rated at 550lbft so should last.

Well for you piece of mind i know that Dave @ AWD is using the RPS 6 Paddle in is Drag R and that runs 420bhp/450lb.ft + 100NOS...

Rishi