quicky chaps

turbodaily

yeah i know i had a det sensor go on my old r and it was flat all the time..

from what i can see theres no smoke when its on the flat spot, havent had the earlier symptoms i described again yet, ie the backfiring at high revs. just seems to be this flatness at the moment, and it feels abit under powered when on boost.doesnt go bad but doesnt feel right

P

pulsarboby

if you have checked everything else and all is ok, then that leaves you with the boost controller, so bypass that and see what happens then.

did you fit the walbro or was it in there already when you bought car?

turbodaily

walbro was already fitted (have reciept from hiteq)

will disconnect the hks super afr first and try running it on a mines ecu, as i know it has a proper map on it..

P

pulsarboby

if it still plays up with the mines fitted then i would feel inclined to have a little look n see in that tank to make sure everything is as it should be, and that the pump is located properly with the long filter fitted and not the crappy thing that comes with the walbro!

turbodaily

yeah good thinking. might have a lookey 2mrw seeming as it only take's a min (although id be inclined to think ian @ hiteq would have fitted it correctly)

P

pulsarboby

i would have thought so, but you never know anything is possible!

ashills

only take a few degrees out of place and filter is facing the wrong way
i took the filter out the car i had here and thought it couldnt have had proper type filter on it as it fuel surged so bad but in fact it was the way the standard filter had been used but was facing the roof of the tank

turbodaily

hmmm... am i right in thinking the stock filter is a fair bit bigger than the one with the walbro?

will take a looky 2mrw cheers chaps

Braveheart

turbodaily said:
hmmm... am i right in thinking the stock filter is a fair bit bigger than the one with the walbro?

will take a looky 2mrw cheers chaps
Filter may not be a true indication......
I reused the stock filter as the reach on the walbro was short....
The pump itself is a little smaller in diameter and may be packed or cable tied in the OE housing. Also, you may have crimp or soldered connection inside the tank to the new pump.