Quickest UK pulsars

deank93

With the J-Tuner thrash coming up soon and some seriously quick cars attending, Rishi, Lou, Jason, Pete etc i can't help but think that records will fall.

I think it would be interesting to compile a definative top 10 list, to the best of my knowledge these are the quickest times posted, are they correct?

AWD- 10.98 @ 125mph
Bruce Spence- 11.02 @ ???mph
Jason Gant- 11.09 @ 116mph
Lou Rob- 11.12 @ 130mph

I can't think of any others at the moment of the top of my head but obviously there are a good few 11 second cars out there.

DEAN.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Rishi, Mark Evans and RobinsonGtir will all be in the top 10. Rishi should be the top 1 if his transmision holds out :)

There also the likes of Dooie, Beetljuice etc that have the potential to do 11s runs and a couple of cars that aren't on the forum.

Edited your times with the ones I know to be correct.. Jasons 116 was at last years TOTB where everyone was questioning the slow terminals recorded :?

http://bb.gtiroc.com/viewtopic.php?t=26789&start=0 :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'm not sure if it wasn't confirmed or not done on one of the proper drag strips or something. Maybe someone who can remember can clarify.

Just checked, it was 11.02 at RAF Alconbury. Is that an accepted drag strip? If so, then his has been the quickest for all these years, not Jasons. :?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Fast Guy said:
I'm not sure if it wasn't confirmed or not done on one of the proper drag strips or something. Maybe someone who can remember can clarify.

Just checked, it was 11.02 at RAF Alconbury. Is that an accepted drag strip? If so, then his has been the quickest for all these years, not Jasons. :?

Yes it was the recorded quickest...

But after that time was posted Bruce got a lot of grief... It was the usual sort of thing - not official, not proper drag strip blah blah blah... Hence why he took a year away from the GTiR OC and also the reason he represented the 200+ Club instead of the GTiROC at the early TOTB competitions...

I've always regarded Bruce's car as being the quickest road legal GTiR... People have just forgotten over time especialy with the newer members who will not know of this car...

i can assure you though... This car will be back... And with alot more power/torque... :twisted:

Rishi