Quaife box prices?

O

Odin

You'ed be very lucky to find a second hand one matey, And new it's going to cost you £1600 ish for the quaife gear set then another £1000 on top of that to get it fitted with new nissan bearings and stuff :wink: .

rob

deank93

vpulsar said:
You'ed be very lucky to find a second hand one matey, And new it's going to cost you £1600 ish for the quaife gear set then another £1000 on top of that to get it fitted with new nissan bearings and stuff :wink: .

rob
S O D that :evil: ....i'll take a chance busting standard boxes then.

O

Odin

deank93 said:
vpulsar said:

rob
S O D that :evil: ....i'll take a chance busting standard boxes then.

Thats up to you fella, but if you have to pay someone else to keep changeing them for you. you will soon spend the money on just box changes lol.

But plenty of people run 400 bhp cars on standard boxes they just treat them a bit gental like :lol: :lol: :lol: .

rob

daz

i run 370 on my standard box and its fine. but like rob says you have to treat them nice

O

Odin

pete-r said:
Get the standard one shot peened dean :wink:

Thats all well and good but by the time you'ev paid someone to get it out for you and then take it apart, Fit new bearings and shot peen the thing for you. You must be half way to a quaife box anyway.

rob

deank93

vpulsar said:
pete-r said:
Get the standard one shot peened dean :wink:

Thats all well and good but by the time you'ev paid someone to get it out for you and then take it apart, Fit new bearings and shot peen the thing for you. You must be half way to a quaife box anyway.

rob
Pretty much the whole car is coming apart very soon for the new set up, clutch and body work repair so maybe it would a good time to have the box shot peened

Dean.

pete-r

Got quoted £700 today for shot peening but that would be cheaper if you do the removing and fitting yourself.I see what your saying about price rob,but how much tougher does shot peening make the gearbox.Would it take abuse like a quaiffe?

G

GartracS2

Luckliy I do this sort of work all day long. AH the joys of being a NissTEC

lol

Why dont you lot simply buy a second hand box from the scarpyard off a prim or almera and strip its easy to do a box . You just need a press theuyre only a couple of hundred quid. And if you can use a micrometer and a vernier your laffin

Have a go boys it really aint rocket science

pete-r

GartracS2 said:

lol

Why dont you lot simply buy a second hand box from the scarpyard off a prim or almera and strip its easy to do a box . You just need a press theuyre only a couple of hundred quid. And if you can use a micrometer and a vernier your laffin

Easy if youve got the time matey but some of us work full time and not on cars.I have the tools and i have the know how but not the time.

deank93

pete-r said:
GartracS2 said:

lol

Easy if youve got the time matey but some of us work full time and not on cars.I have the tools and i have the know how but not the time.
I have no time, no tools and no know how :D

B U G G E R.

pete-r

deank93 said:
pete-r said:
GartracS2 said:

lol

I have no time, no tools and no know how :D

B U G G E R.
Well i know where the gearbox is :lol:

Dooie Pop Pop

deank93 said:
and no know how :D

B U G G E R.

me neither :lol: fancy coming round mine and learning 'how to together :p :p :p that way you' ll be able to compare the quaife gearset to yours after you' ve munched and removed it :lol:

stu

daz

lol we on about munching boxes again i dunno whats the world coming too :roll: :roll:

F

fiecos dan

thats not bad price for a good box.

why if you spend the money on the engine, why not the transmission.

its pointless havein the power, with out a car that can handle it.