Q45 MAF vs Z32

Jobi Joba

Anyone here is running a Q45 MAF on his GTIR?

I gonna change my tubby setup to break the 500bhp barrier and to go into the 10s.

At the mo I think I have approx 430bhp and I am closed to max out my Z32 MAF (read voltages up to 4,8V).

I know the Q45 is bigger but the size doesn't mean it reads greater airflow. What is the max power a Q45 can read?

Oh,and last question,where can I find one?

mattygti-r

I could send you a Q45 thats not a problem

but not sure on if it will cope with the power your wanting

:? someone more technical could help you :wink:

nismoboy

Im sure a q45 maf would easily read 500bhp as im sure rishi is gonna be using one on his 700bhp monster. U might be able to use the z32 as lou rob is making well over 500bhp and he is still using one i think.

also quick question,With the airflow voltage that is read is this an accurate gauge of bhp u are running ? ie if i was getting 4.8v on my commander would my bhp be around the same as jobi joba? thanks.

Keira

propably dont want to hear it but get rid of the power fc and use a system that supports map sensor...

then no problems 8)

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Fire & skill said:
sorry to jump in here and stir things up - but isnt the awd pulsar using a maf sensor from a scooby? :?
bear in mind i may have just dreamt i'd heard that - i cant remember his spec

Jobi Joba

kieron said:
propably dont want to hear it but get rid of the power fc and use a system that supports map sensor...

then no problems 8)
yeah I know...but the only problem with MAF sensors is actually the fact that they can be maxed out and that it causes trouble with dump valves when shifting gears...

Lou is on a Z32?should have asked him first... lol

Nismoboy: not exactly,cause it will depends on the afr u're running and the map of your ECU.But you'll be in the same region...give or take 30bhp.

Matty: how much for ur Q45?(pm me if u prefer)

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Dave from AWD uses an 80mm MAF from a Scooby...

Remember i maxed my Z32 out at 1.5bar on a conservative map at first...

All you do is rescale the MAF voltages so that it reads max voltage at a much higher airflow rate...

Yes the Z32 will have its limits but its fine for the 500bhp that you want to run....

You could always use the new AEM ECU... Its as flexible as the Motec but with the plug and play ease of the PowerFC... And it uses a MAP Senor..

Part number 30-1600.... I would recommend the AEM with UEGO part number 30-1600U...

You can pick these up for £890 brand new from the eBay stores...

Rishi

Rishi

kieron said:
maf = old hat

map = baseball cap

:lol:

and aem aint that new :wink: very good system though 8)

Newer than the PowerFC, Motec, GEMS, LINK etc... :p :wink:

The PowerFC is new to most GTiR owners... If only they know how old it really was... :shock:

Rishi

Keira

RishiGTiR said:
The PowerFC is new to most GTiR owners... If only they know how old it really was... :shock:
exactly :wink: :lol:

it sucks :lol:

the better version is available for just about everything else other than the gtir... :(

are you up to no good again ??? :lol:

i looked at the aem last year, does everything you'd want it to with the simplicity of plug and play...prices have dropped by the looks of things to 8)

self tune available to 8)

deank93

kieron said:
RishiGTiR said:

the better version is available for just about everything else other than the gtir... :(

i looked at the aem last year, does everything you'd want it to with the simplicity of plug and play...prices have dropped by the looks of things to 8)

Don't tell me that :shock: i've just brought an FC pro.

Rishi

deank93 said:
kieron said:
RishiGTiR said:

Don't tell me that :shock: i've just brought an FC pro.

The PowerFC PRO is perfect for you mate.... :wink:

Trust me... :wink:

Rishi