pulsar wanted around £3k

antopulsar

lots of people rate tyremonkeys car as it has had good care and attention, you might be better off buying a car which has a good history (gtiroc car/tyremonkey) and is easy to trace back, this way you can allways ask questions and some one is bound to know. An exhaust should not put you off a car as it is an easy thing to address and is not an expensive change.

shroom

:doh: if your quiveling over the twin exhaust maybe re evaluate buying a pulsar or read some of the other spec, its a backbox at the end of the day

all the money spent on tyremonkeys car is rediculous to be even thinking of selling for 3k in an ideal world, its a shame to see someone that I actualy see and has an input into the clubs alot plus all the hard work thats gone into the car have to sell up for peanuts, its a kick in the balls to have to see someone go out of the chene, and have chav thrashed ebay jobs even coming into the same leugue,

its such a shame and im sad :cry:

im going back my cave :lol:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
:doh: if your quiveling over the twin exhaust maybe re evaluate buying a pulsar or read some of the other spec, its a backbox at the end of the day
Seconded.
If it means that much to you, look on eBay (there's a Magnex at ~£50 at the moment) or buy a new one from Mongoose. They're not that expensive because they're pretty much a straight-through pipe. I like my twin exit back box and I've never had anyone complain about the noise from my car... except the wife.

its not a dakar - they dont exist. closest to thast is the first run of RB pulsars and they ALL came in ivory.

what the guy in the ad is saying is basically it has a close ratio box - ideal for the drag strip but horrendous on the motorway, it screams its head off at 70mph
That'd be what I have then (not an RB, but an RA with the options ticked)...
Ivory - check
Early VIN - check
RA model - check
RB box - check
Sonic boom at ~70mph - check

P

pulsarboby

hi huts ive seen this ne on pistonheads, does nay one know any of the history of it on here?
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1425080.htm

also have been looking at tyremonkey's gti-r and i like the look of that one but im not too keen on the exhausts. how much would it be for a mongoose back box?
and does anyone else have anything around this price?

many thanks in advanced

that car on p/h is a good car. tim reynolds who owns it has bought a lot of stuff from us in the past, hes not a forum member but got us through our website.
ive never actually seen the car but the ecu and turbo was bought from us so you know thats genuine, hes also a 'lets say' more mature owner so the car hasnt had the living daylights caned out of it. hes also a very nice guy to talk to whos not interested in spouting loads of bullshit about the car. not often i recommend a car or a seller but il vouch for this guy;-)

tyremonkeys car (although ive never seen it) is undoubtedly also a goodun but like you 'i hate the tailpipes lol' these things are easily changed though.
remove them from the car and put a catback system on it (we have some various types in stock), sell the hideous backboxes on ebay and some chav will end up paying more than the goose etc will cost you, so youll probably make a few quid out of it.

or if your in no urgent rush for a car then il source you a goodun that will come fully motd, serviced, taxed and ready to roll for a price within your budget.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyremonkey

tyremonkeys car (although ive never seen it) is undoubtedly also a goodun but like you 'i hate the tailpipes lol'

Thats a bit harsh! LOL
There not that bad but they are quite!

Sorry about the highjack.

its not a dakar - they dont exist. closest to thast is the first run of RB pulsars and they ALL came in ivory.
I had a 1990 RB and that was originally grey, but was sprayed blue,
It had the RB VIN,
RB gearbox,
Vents instead of an umberella holder which i believe is an RB thing?
And front and rear LSD's which im sure is also an RB thing?
Not all the early ones could of came in Ivory? :?