pulsar gtir wishbones

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yes, and the only difference between GTiR and GTi (as an example) is the bushes on the rear... so if you wanted to buy standard Sunny ones and swap the bushes over, that's cheaper.

Credit to VSS Irvine for that tip originally.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I thought someone said the balljoint was a slightly different size in the wishbone too? (Gtir to gti)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Maybe I've got that slightly wrong, and it's the standard Sunny (e.g. 1.6L).

When I last needed some; I bought the ones that Martyn said would fit, plus a set of GTiR ploybushes... and that came-out cheaper than buying "GTiR" specific wishbones with the right bushes already on them. - I didn't notice any issue with the balljoint when I tightened them up, and they've been like that for a while now.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I believe the balljoint was only the size of it in the wishbone, so only a problem if you tried to fit one balljoint in the other wishbone.

Gtirchris

You could try getting the complete wishbones from ADL Bluepriint, always good quality parts mate, the part numbers are ADN18669 (left hand side) and ADN18668 (right hand side), try Camskill or Andrew page motor factors as they are usually better on price, hope that helps buddy.

red reading

Rhs and lhs are sold from most motor factors, and yes the differance on new nissan ones is the ball joint on the gtir was a fraction bigger than the gti....it's nothing worth worrying about at all....the rear bush is differant between the two as well....but again just change it.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It might be a fraction smaller, but it still jams into the hub pretty solid. - I was belting it with a lump hammer for quite a while before it would come back out.