pros and cons of stroker kit

R

robinsongtir

bore is still 87mm its a kit made in America the sr20 kits are sold through RC developments in the UK you can't go direct to America for them.Speak to KC at RC developments www.rcdevelopments.com

ashills

talk to JGY in the states im phoning them in a minute if u want me to i can see if they can still get them

A

AndrewD

pete-r said:
am i right in saying,bigger the bore then more torque?
no greater stroke, well it really depends on how they design the crank throw that determines the torque.

crank torque is all about the moment arm produced by the displacement of the crankthrow and the cylinder gas pressure (converted into force by using the piston area)

a higher piston speed (doesnt necessarily mean higher revs eg: f1 have small stroke larger bore slower piston speed HIGHER revs) can lead to greater inertia loading of the connectin rod at TDC (AJ4 this is what u were thinking of?)

lighter parts increase engine response but also as with a lighter flywheel allow it to decellerate quicker hence a free'r revving engine

as for heat transfer, unless you increase the bore or change the geometric compression ratio there will be no increase in the requirement of cooling due to cylinder surface area and heat conduction through cylinder liners

pete-r

i would have said yes :wink: earlier ashills but the website seems to be playing up tonight.ive sent accralite an email asking for prices then ill get onto JGY and see whats what.

pete-r

this is my reply from accralite,what do you lot reckon?

Dear Peter,
Thank you for your enquiry.
Accralite do not stock many pistons but mainly manufacture to order.
I have never heard of anyone taking a SR20DET engine out to 92.0mm. Are you
sure that the block can take it?
In Japan they had trouble with their blocks and that was 88.0mm.
With of course the pressures of the turbo you get a lot of block distortion,
which leads to piston ceasure.
However if you feel you do want to go down the road we could have a go at
manufacturing these for you but we would have to have a look at the
specifications.
If we could do it then the price would be between £160.00 - £180.00 each +
VAT including rings, pins and clips.
Delivery at the moment as we are very busy is around 12-14 weeks from
receipt of a 30% deposit.
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.
Regards,
Lisa

Keira

they'd fit as its been done on a de but whether it would last who knows :?

you'd need to speak to jgy or someone like that and see what they think of it on a boosted engine :wink:

pete-r

mmm..this sounds risky :? .think ill go for the 90mm with standard crank and have some reliability 8) .