Problems with dials

LJ

Fitted a set of white dials yesterday and now none of the needles move :(
All the lights behind them work but none of the guages

I have tried a spare set of guages and the same problem
Any ideas???

D

damien4uuk

May sound stupid but have you cliped the needles on properly, Or prehaps you may of pushed them on too hard and broke the pin?

H

heaven is a gtir (bry)

Hi LJ,

I had this problem with some of my dials and worked out i hadnt pushed the dials on far enough. Only needed half a mil more and they worked ok then.

Bry :D

P.s car should be back on the road soon so we will have to arrange a meet some time. :wink:

Just waiting for 2 gear box mounts from nissan in chester. Been 3 weeks now. Engine is all rebuilt and waiting to go. Check the pictures out. :wink:

LJ

Right i'll have another look this afternoon!
looking good mate, mine is going into bodyshop weekend so should also be back on the road soon :D

LJ

Right have put all dials back in and been especially carefull with the 3 seperate guages incase i had broken the first lot but not one guage works

Getting seriously pi ssed off :evil: :evil:

monsterGTi-R

When you pulled the needles off did you use needlenosed pliers? If you did make sure you havent squashed the plastic around the spindle where you grabbed it with the pliers :wink:

sypher

Ok, leave one or two of the spindals that aren't working off (easy access) and the simply view the spindal or gently touch with strip of paper to check for rotation , if turns = spindal needle prob'