problems setting avc-r-plz help!

C

chris-b

right just fitted avc-r today. wired in all ok, but having problems with pressure sensor. i have tee-ed in to the orig sensor pipe (on o/s inner wing near batter) were also my defi boost gauge is. the boost reading on the avc-r is way off. its hardly goes into positive boost, mostly staying on a negative vacuum. the defi is showing boost accurately and normal. whats the deal here-- i have orig sensor, defi and avc-r sensor on this pipe.

secondly, i cant get the car to boost further than 0.9 ish bar. it was first set to about 40% duty then now 60% and still roughly the same--- is this becvause of above fault?
all the pipes are connected as per instructions.
any advise would be much appreciated- i wanna go over one bar!
thanks chris :wink:

C

chris-b

btt-----
come on keiron..i no your on here and just gagging to help :?

Keira

dont know what you've done matey.

read the manual again and check you havn't missed something...

normally it wont hit the desired boost if the duty isn't set right and the ne points aren't high enough up the rev range..is it self learning yet ??? the duty will be showing 3 *** instead of a figure...

cant remember my settings, do a search and i'm sure someone will have thiers posted

i really wasn't impressed with the avcr til i read the manual and set it up properly :wink: :lol:

cant help i'm afraid

C

chris-b

its not self learning yet. do you have to hold it on boost for a set amount of time- whats your best advise for this! i.e on motorway from 30-80 mph in 5th?

this still doesnt explain the fault with the boost reading!

Davey

If you've got the pipes (and wires) joined correctly, then it may be your settings are wrong.
There is a setting to choose which type of sensor you are using (I think its in the etc menu). Cant remember for sure which one its meant to be, but can check mine if needed.
There are, iirc, 4 settings, 2 will give similar (but not exactly the same) readings, and 2 will be way off.

M

memski

There are, iirc, 4 settings, 2 will give similar (but not exactly the same) readings, and 2 will be way off.
Relative1 iirc for pressure sensor.