Problem with car on full load

Colin009uk

Hi I have a problem sometimes when I drive my car when I start putting the foot down going through hears sometimes the car just doesn't pull and sits and pops and bangs I think it's over fueling but if I let my foot off the throttle and then slowly go onto the power it's fine, just seems to be when I'm hard boosting but then sometimes it doesn't do it at all I'm not really good with cars so if anyone has any info would be great, or if you need know more that would help you, thanks

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Does it do it when the engine is cold, but not when it's warm? If so, you need to let it warm-up before you thrash it.

Colin009uk

Tbh iv not really checked that haha, I'll maybe try it tonight go out for a play, what would be classed as heated up? Temp gage at half? Cause if so takes ages cheers

Colin009uk

Scott I pmed u not sure if worked tho phone playing up haha, so if it's been booted from cold what fixes that hahaha but when it goes it pulls like a train!!! So can't be much fucked

danr

do the basics first. id go:
check ecu temp sender is working right (need error check, then obd scan tool / software - ~93C is optimal eninge temp - will overfuel til reached)
clean the maf, clean (new) air filter
check thermostat is working properly (pipe cold til near up to temp ~63C iirc)

then:
new fuel filter, new dizzy cap, new rotor arm.
then:
new coil, new ht leads
then:
new fuel pump (hrc or walbro 255)

then go see vss irvine lol

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Nissan Conzult is technically OBD I... it's just that OBD I wasn't a standardised format, so there's each manufacturer used their own error codes.

With regards to the car; just let it warm up before you start thrashing it.

Colin009uk

As for the warming up was out in it last night if I drive normal the temp on the clocks doesn't even move and when it does it takes ages I mean ages maybe 45min at least!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Have you cheked for fault codes? That won't help if it's as simple as your gauge is broken, but it will tell you if it thinks you've got DET so has helpfully retarded the ignition for you.

danr

pipe from thermostat housing should be cold when engine is warming up. so if its getting hot from the start then thermostat is stuck open or missing.