problem on full throttle!!

P

p10gtir

Hi I have been reading the forum for a while but I just registered here today so I'm new to this forum. I was wondering if you lads could help me out with a little problem that I have?

I just recently fitted a Gti-R engine into my primera P10 and everything works fine except for one thing. When my car is ideling and I push the accelerator to the floor the rev stops at 2000rpm and then goes down to 1500rpm and then just jumps up and down and up and down. It dosen't go over 2000rpm. If I don't floor the accelerator I can go up to normal rpm so this just happens on full throttle. Can somebody please help me?

Cheers

Shaun

:D Hi mate,have a look in General chat as there is a topic about using/not using the speed sensor and someone has described your symtoms saying if you floor the throttle it will cut out,but you can nurse the throttle above the cut out point :wink:

Hope this helps :D

P

p10gtir

yes it is probable the speed sensor, I took it out because my car has a speedo cable. any idea how to sort this problem without loosing my speedometer?

gtir350

Is the car moving when you rev it ?

Not sure if the speed sensor gives a voltage output when the cars not moving ?

B

Brett G

I wouldn't have thought it could be the speed sensor as I'm sure this comes from the speed pulse (from the wheel/wheels spinning) not 100% so don't quote me on that

Brett

P

p10gtir

does anybody else have an idea how I can solve this problem?

dankal

Hi my name is Daniel and I seem to be having the exact same problem that p10gtir has except that I am driving a Gti-R and the car has been alright until a few days ago. I have done the fault code check and and the result was that there is no problem with the car. The spark plugs , leads etc. are in good condition.
Could this be overfueling or is it more likely to be a boost leak or neither?
Wheelspeed sensor?

All help and advice appreciated .

Cheers

Daniel[/b]

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Are your plug leads on in the right order, is your valve timing/cam timing/ ignition timing etc correct? :?

Also check that you don't have a plug lead shorting arcing to earth anywhere other than that, you might have a broken wire in the loom somewhere :cry:

Davey

Long shot, but it might be worth a try........
Have heard of a similar problem before, and it was traced to the sensor for the catalytic converter. Presumably you dont have a Cat, but it may be worth checking the wires are not shorting out (or open circuit?).