power upgrades

t16coupe

i got the emanage for quite a good price and it came from a gtir so fitting should be a bit easyer i would have gone for nistune but u are over 100 miles away and there is some greddy mappers near me so should it be ok for what i want it for

Fusion Ed

Ahh well that helps, if you have greddy tuners locally then fair play. 100 miles isn't so bad, I was in the Scottish highlands mapping a Pulsar on Monday!!

pulsar_stu

It can't be road mapped as it has a locked mines ecu George.
It needs to go on the rollers to see if the fueling etc is ok for the boost he wants it set to!

When a car is mapped on the road, the tuner hooks his laptop to the ecu and changes the values of the map. Ie if its running lean at a certain rev range he will add fuel at that point. And vise versa.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I meant Ed. - If he was in the highlands mapping a car, I was suggesting that he can do that on any local rolling road; it doesn't need to be in Surrey. As you say; the man and his laptop.

t16coupe

i mean when when i decide to get the emange mapped but am going to get my fueling checked on the mines next week hopefully when he can fit me in

Fusion Ed

I rarely go out mobile mapping these days. I do occasionally, but obviously will ask for time/travel costs to be covered etc, but may work out cheaper say for some flights than to transport the car to me on low-loader. All depends really.

Oh and Mines ECUs are not locked. I can map them too.

Fusion Ed

Nothing wrong with that I charge more for mapping Mines as they are a PITA compared to Nistune, and worth a silly amount for what they really are.