power steering cooler

nismoboy

is the power steering cooler needed? coz i would like to remove it as its sits in front of my front mount and reduces airflow to the ic.

Shaun

:shock: Are you looking at the right thing mate :?: Cos the powersteering cooler is approx 8mm pipeing and about 12inches long :!:

nismoboy

Shaun said:
:shock: Are you looking at the right thing mate :?: Cos the powersteering cooler is approx 8mm pipeing and about 12inches long :!:
yes! and its right in the way of me front mount.

skiddusmarkus

What you got for a front mount-a pipeclenaer?It won't make any noticeable difference to inlet temps but a lot of difference to the ps fluid if you remove it.

M

Mr Overboooost

skiddusmarkus said:
What you got for a front mount-a pipeclenaer?It won't make any noticeable difference to inlet temps but a lot of difference to the ps fluid if you remove it.
what difference is that then as i havnt noticed anything :?: :?

cheers
gary

Shaun

skiddusmarkus said:
Spot on mate :D Also if it wasnt needed there wouldnt be one :wink:

Pete Watson

Have removed mine and to be honest it hasn't made much difference to the Fluid Temp if any, i was speaking to a couple of tuners who told me that the cooler was added due to the temperatures experenced in the far east and unless we have a dramatic temp increase in the UK...it is not that necessary. Mind you they could be wrony :?

i removed mine aswell when i installed my large spearco core.
Im not missing it at all.

A bit of pipe as a cooler is a bit of a joke anyhow if you really want to cool the ps fluid get a small motorbike oil cooler or something.