power from the standard engine

Dooie Pop Pop

vpulsar said:
And what do you mean half decent :shock: :evil: cheeky git :lol: .
rob
:lol: its a cracker till i look under it :lol: :wink: i wont stop this till you repaint it btw

back on topic :lol:

power should be exactly the same as an engine with forgies and how many people have just forged pistons anyway? loads i reckon.

as long as the head gaskets the same thickness it should all come down to bolt ons, a quality mapper and how much bottle you have.

last one to 500bhp has to lick Robs armpit :lol:

O

Odin

Dooie Pop Pop said:

Seeing as i'm going to be the winner and I can't lick my own armpit lol, So you had better get me something else to lick :twisted: :wink: .

rob

Dooie Pop Pop

vpulsar said:
Dooie Pop Pop said:

Seeing as i'm going to be the winner and I can't lick my own armpit lol, So you had better get me something else to lick :twisted: :wink: .

rob
you can lick Kev' s :shock: i actually felt a little sick typing that :lol:

O

Odin

Dooie Pop Pop said:
you can lick Kev' s :shock: i actually felt a little sick typing that :lol:

I was thinking more of going down girls aloud :shock: and haveing a old lick 8) 8) :wink: even the ginger :shock: :D .

rob

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Dooie Pop Pop said:
power should be exactly the same as an engine with forgies and how many people have just forged pistons anyway? loads i reckon.

as long as the head gaskets the same thickness it should all come down to bolt ons, a quality mapper and how much bottle you have.

Going to disagree with you there...

You can use higher compression forged pistons... Say 9:1... Then you have to remember that the standard head gasket is 1.4mm... Now most manufactures don't make 1.4mm gaskets and to be honest the 1mm or 1.2mm head gasket is better for squish and its the option most have gone for although they probably didn't actually know why they were choosing this...

Now bolt all that together and you will end up with a compression of somewhere between 8:8:1 and 9:1 depending on skimming and head work... Bare in mind that standard compression is 8:3:1...

Now with the standard setup ie turbo, fueling etc... Because you are running a higher compression you will actually see more power and torque at the same boost as a standard factory car...

eg. i know of a car that ran 315bhp @ 1bar just after a rebuild on a dyno that i know reads low...

Rishi