Power fc v Dastec Unichip

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Apart from the initial cost of the parts what would be the advantages or disadvantages with running either of the above on the setup below. Would the unichip be suitable??

Which should it be ???

New rebuilt engine,
Wiseco 87mm forged pistons
R33 Front mount,
GTRS Turbo (with 1 bar actuator),
uprated Walbro fuel pump,
adjustable fuel pressure regulator,
555 or 600cc injectors
OS Giken Twinplate
Z32 80mm MAF
Cold Air box with K&N Cone filter
3" turbo elbow/front pipe into Goose 2.25" rear end pipe.
Apexi AVC-R and want to have settings for 1.2 low and 1.5/6 Bar high.

Anybody with any bad experiences with the unichip??

ashills

id go with the emanage to be honest then u can take the tuning further when u need rather than going back for a remap on the unichip and u also get data logging facility etc but for actual tuning the unichip and emanage are very similar
and if u want to raise the rev limiter etc go with the power fc (or u want launch control)

gtir350

I was told the the unichip is not very good when you start to change the size of injectors / Air Flow Meter
as its cant cope very well with the things like cold start when the items are changed.

I have sold my unichip and am waiting for the Apexi unit to be fitted,

nismoboy

If your going bigger injectors then u`ll have to forget about the unichip as it does`nt support larger injectors or larger afm`s.

Keira

I've been considering what management to run for a while now.

Originally had avcr, safc II and itc which i never got round to getting set up and have basically lost money on them as i've sold them on at a loss.

Was considering e-manage but got bored with that idea :roll: :wink: So i'm now seriously considering a complete stand alone ECU, just have to save some pennies, dont want to f*ck about again, i'll do it once and do it properly.

I'd go with the best of whatever you can afford

GINGA

I'd go with the power fc (and I did lol) as its fully mapable and is a direct replacement ecu so no cutting into wiring etc
The emanage is also good and costs 1/2 the price and the software etc is also available easily which is nice 8) all depends on your budget really :wink:

C

Crazy

WWW.Thor-Racing.co.uk

Supplied and fitted mine for just over £600 and it has completely changed my car and saved me loads in petrol bills 8)

Very good guys down there and they set it up on the dyno to the T 8)