Position of indicator flasher relay PLEASE HELP!

J

JamesB

My indicators stopped working and Ive been told its likely to be the flasher relay (yes, all fuses have been checked and Ive done a search on this site). I was told to press the hazard lights (they do work) and listen to where the clicking comes from and the left/right indicator flasher will be next to that. Ive found the hazard flasher but there is no indicator flasher, just the intermittent wiper module. Where is this thing?!? Is it combined into something else or in a strange position because Im getting quite sick (physically) of lying upside down with my head in the dash. Thanks guys.

A

Anonymous

I always thought there was only 1 flasher unit that operated the blinkers, (mind you i could be wrong!). Normally the unit would be located near the fuse box where the other relays are, or in the drivers side kickpanel.

Kevin.

J

jasegould

If your hazzards work then its not the relay as they use the same relay. Check the supply to the switch and that the switch is switching, most probably that

J

JamesB

thanks - mite get my hands on a wiring diag too. Do you reckon only part of the flasher can go though??

J

jasegould

I dont really understand what you mean, but if you have a power supplt to the switch, and when you operate the indicators you get an output it means that something is happening so the switch is prob ok. If it was me Id try and get a second hand indicator stalk

T

Tart

Yeah, sounds like the stalk. Also check for the earth (not sure where it runs from for the indicators but may attach to the stalk..... may ave come loose, then even if u get power to the stalk it wont do shite....

Can only be a wiring or stalk prob. Relay will be fine........