ported

gtir350

I was told that polishing is not the way to go these days, And its best to have a bit of a rougher finish after porting :?

Dave

O

Odin

gtir350 said:
I was told that polishing is not the way to go these days, And its best to have a bit of a rougher finish after porting :?

Dave

you def got the rough bit right then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

rob

A

AJ4

Yep, mine is very smooth ( but not polished ) all the way to the injector inlet, and from then on still a bit rough into the cylinder ( still a lot smoother than cast though ). You could mirror it if you really really wanted up to the injectors but its probably not worth it, but it has to be a bit rough wherever there is fuel flowing.

turblio

Polishing and porting this has been a subject of debate for as long as I have owned cars mines had it done but hey once the carbons built up
whats the point in polishing? I would agree with matching and smoothing
ports etc that may help

gtir350

Yep,

If you mirror polish every part then your not goin to get the air and fuel mixed + Loose low end power

80 Grit should be the highest you go.,woof

Dave

P

pulstar rob

so does anyone think i've wasted my time then.
spent about 25 to 30 hours doing this

just got to get it skim and the valve ground back in. then i can paint and fit it

S

stokie1

have 80mm single throttle boddy on manifold is it worth smoothing
the inside of the manifold

ki_saj_ng

:shock: well if it isnt worth doing it, at least it looks nice even though u wont be able to see it :p :lol:

some effort gone into that tho mate!

A

Anonymous

thanks a lot ki_saj_ng.
i've got a few more hour then doing both of the manifolds.
hopfully it should make a big difference when it's finialy fitted.

Nad

Yeah it should be rough, or have cut outs after the injectors to cause turbulence to mix the air and fuel.

Will read that bit later u posted Kieron.

Nad

N

Norfy

done the internals on mine with 80 grit.

AJ4, you can remove the lumps inside on your upper plenum (from the 2 bolts for the vac hose and PAS hose fixing) without leaving any holes.

not the same on the middle plenum tho, ground mine down and had to have it welded :oops:
is smoother tho

Norfy