polishin a black R help ????

R

r5ben

now the summer is coming ive started polishing the R it looks great when ive done it 8) but when i get it in the sunlight it looks a bag of sh1t :cry: tryed all sorts of polish but no joy
anyone else had any probs with polishin a black R

Keira

r5ben said:
yes...which is why i now dont bother :roll: :lol:

you're not doing it strong sunlight are you ??? best time is when the suns going down...or save yourself alot of time like i do now :)

6Miester

Black is the worst colour to keep clean imo, although i use Meguiers which is bloody good. It gets dirty again so quickly :(

Agreed about not doing it when its hot-paint softens up and you could end up damaging it.

The only way is to polish it as much as you can then try and keep it clean using Meguiers detailing spray just to get rid of the everyday dust/crap.

Or you could blast the dirt of by driving it hard :twisted:

[Edit] You don't put it through the carwash do you......? :roll:

B

blugtirboy

r5ben said:
yes that's why it's now a blue R :wink: ,as said only polish it when the car is cool and not in sunlight ,i use autoglym super resin polish ,but have been told the meguiar's stuff is good so gonna try that :D

R

r5ben

cheers lads no i never use a car wash :shock: and try not to polish it in sun light but i will try and do it in the evening see how it turns out 8)
ive got some meguiar's stuff but its the gel for tyres ,bumpers and the detailing spray that is wicked stuff abit ££$££ but you get what you pay for i gess
i think it must be coz its black :roll:
ive got a autoglym to try so i will see how that turns out and i will get some meguirs at the weekend see what thats like :wink: only thing is i will have spent that much on polish ill have none left over for petrol :oops: :cry: :wink:

its had that much polish ive nearly got all the little scratchs out :D

cheers 8)

LeeSmith

I use Auto glym, i find it the easiest to get off (apart from the damn dust it leaves!) I don't have any problems with it.

If you have stone chips, then use something like colour magic (black of course) that will disguise the chips.

If you have lots of swirly marks, then maguires scratch X is good for getting them out.

I usually polish my car twice after washing it.

Then if it gets dusty or a little dirty, all you have to do is go over it with clean water & a shammy. Looks like it did after you polished it.

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
Diamond Brite!

ace stuff that! a begger to do though, 2 solutions for one great effect!

:D

R

r5ben

dont maguires scratch X make the paint look dull ?? if not that sounds what i was looking for to get a little scratch out :lol:

i think my mate uses Diamond Brite or somethin like that at work ?? :wink: looks like im on the scank again 8)

chrisniss91

I clean mine when the sun's going down, and i sit back and think Yeah looks well shiney, then my dad will put his headlights on my car and you see all the swirl marks and everything else :evil: This the reason why i'm always thinking about a respray

D

disco dave

this is easy to cure with a good machine polish with courese polish then fine machine poilsh should bring it back to shiney black and take most of swirl marks out.. as kerion i dne it to his..

P

pixi

hi I work for jaguar as a valater, best way to get a good finish on a black car is to use 2 polishes, if u put on a tcut or abrasive polish using pat of a spunge, then as that drys put over the top of that your finishing polish using a spunge dont matter if its the same one, leave that to dry and put on ur detailing stuff (tyres, exteria plastics) then take of ur polish with a nice soft towel then site back and see the mirror finish.................lol as for dimond brite its just oil got to be done every time u wash it but it does give a good show finish