Part Identification

Cathode

Does anyone know what this is and where the pipes from it might go? I,m guessing that SBC means solonoid boost controller?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MarkTurbo

It's the solenoid for an electronic boost controller, assuming you've got one in the car?

Out goes to the wastegate actuator and in goes to the pressure source, usually comes off the back of the inlet manifold ;)

Cathode

Aha, Mark you star!!!! I was hoping you'd be on at some point. I knew you'd know. Thank you!

MarkTurbo

I was hoping you'd be on at some point
I look on here a bit more often now I've got the bug back for my car ;)

I'm sure that's the way round they go, might be worth finding the manual for it to check though there's bound to be one online somewhere. Been out in the garage this afternoon and the pipe down to the actuator comes off the side of the plenum near the dump valve outlet not the back of the inlet manifold.

Cathode

Ahhh, I know which one your talking about. I think I spied it today and wondered if that was the one. I'll have a butchers tomorrow.

Cathode

Actually I might know, can anyone confirm that it's the steering pump cooler? If so, can I do without it? Meaning without the steering pump blowing up.

astarozna

If you are fitting front mount sits between rad and bonnet support bracket then just put it outside the bracket, turn the holder around.

Cathode

Not sure what you mean. I plan to have it Infront of the rad on the outside. Under the front grill in the pic. Is that what you mean?

image.jpeg

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Yay me! I might take it off as it'll make my FMIC install easier.
I've removed mine, but I replaced it with a very small cooler.

I'd certainly keep some sort of cooling especially if your going to drive the car hard or on track!

astarozna

Does it attach to bumper support bracket and sits behind the bumper? If so then just put the oil cooler between the rad and inside the bonnet bracket, flip the holders around.