overboosting

KF79GTIR

Hi i am having probs with my turbo over boosting in turn my ecu kicking in and stopping it from firing properly i have just replaced the boost control solenoid wiv a new one but still having probs can you help me

KF79GTIR

it is running standard boost 0.7 bar on the turbo gauge but it is going right of the scale on the gauge it only happens when i put my foot right to the floor if i just feather the throttel it is ok but not as fast as when i first bought her

KF79GTIR

as far as i am aware all the hoses are fine i have quite a lot of oil in that area of my engine bay and yeah it is gutting my first post is a problem

Dooie Pop Pop

check the hose running from the actuator on the turbo, through a little metal pipe on the intercooler bracket and into the right side of the plenum/inlet .

if you' ve had the topmount off recently you may have disturbed it...

Fire & skill

Vintage member
have you got any pics? have you def put the hose on the right place on the std boost solenoid?

and why did you change the solenoid - was it doing the same thing before

KF79GTIR

i have had the top mount off recently but they are all fine that was the first prob i had and solved it is definatly somewhere from the boost control solinoid downwards

KF79GTIR

no i dont have any pics at the mo i will get some asap i replaced it because the pipe that goes from the air intake to the boost solinoid broke off one night it was the first time i took it past 6000 rpm in third gear and it just went pop